Richard Rawe

by Outaservice 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kimbo
    kimbo

very sad

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so sorry to hear that he's gone. Several on line references are made about him if you Google his name. For all of the newbies out there, here is an informative article about his history: http://www.xjw.com/rawe-df.html

His name should never be forgotten in the ex-jw community. Richard was so brave and sincere in his fight against the Watch Tower.

• binadub
    binadub

Richard will be sorely missed among the older exJW community. He was an exJW activist extraordinare right up to the very end. He was amazing considering his health for the past 10-15 years.

I remember the first time I met Richard as an exJW in the mid 1980s. It was my first BRCI conference, held in Ontario, California. That's where I met other notables of the time like Jim Penton, Ron Frye, Tom Cabeen and many others. In those days before the Internet, BRCI was THE exJW support group and was often attended by the Franzes, people from all across the country and even some foreign countries. It was the first day of the conference and they were doing the audience introductions. I lived in Spokane at the time, which is not far from Moses Lake, so my ears perked up when I heard Richard introduce himself as from Moses Lake. Likewise, when it was my turn to introduce myself, I said Spokane, and Richard turned almost startled to see who was from his neck of the woods.

Richard and I had been JWs in the same circuit, so we had quite a bit in common. Like some here, I attended some of Richard's Northwest Conferences, met his wife Frances, and got to know Richard very well. Their story is on my xjw.com Web site, which I appreciate has been referenced here.

Richard’s Northwest Conferences were also a meeting place for some others who made a name for their selves in the exJW community in the 1990s, such as AlanF, Barbara Anderson, Bill Bowen, Chris Christianson, etc.

We shared some interesting exJW experiences through the years, one being that an off-Broadway exJW producer flew out to Washington to meet some of us at one of Richard's conferences. He produced a play based on Richard's story on xjw.com, which is where he found the story he based the play on that that later played in an off-Broadway theater. He gave me a video of the play.

Richard often told me, even recently, that he continued to get correspondence as a result of the article on xjw.com.

He will be sorely missed. RIP dear friend. God bless.

Blessings,
    Ros

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

RIP Richard you will be missed.

initially I was asking myself, who? never heard of of him, but I checked out jamie's link & what the heck, I know that site, and then i had a look through some old photos

I was reading about Richard before i joined jwnet.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

A few years ago i spoke to Richard on the phone for over an hour. It was a cold call all I did was introduce myself and he open up and I found out he knew a lot people that I knew. He truly was a thorn for the Watchtower corp. He really knew the "Thruth about the Thruth". He was from the old old days of Judge R.

He intrudunced me to Barbra Anderson over the phone. And wow I did speak to Barbra. Richard lived about 200 miles from me.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Does anyone know of any funeral or memorial services being planned for Mr. Rawe?

JV

• blondie
    blondie

I lived in his area as a child. I wished I could have talked to him then. It would have sped up the whole process. To all his family our love.

Blondie and Irreverent

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hubby and I are sad to hear that. Hubby had a brief correspondence with him (and may have even called him up once) many, many years ago and he sent us a lot of helpful information that, at the time, couldn't be located anywhere else.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

So sorry to hear this. I met him at a BRCI conference many years ago.

Coffee

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a giant of a man instrumental in exposing the cancer and aiding many to leave for many years. RIP Richard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit