Whitney Heichel - first hand account from congregation member on Facebook

by sir82 104 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Weren't you personally impressed, not by the witness given by Jehovah's Witnesses, but by those in the community?

The thing is they probably reconcile that in their mind that this all came from Jehovah in support of Whitney.

The true witness came, not from the Kingdom Hall, but from strangers in the community. Hopefully, due to the love they showed, many seeds of cognitive dissonance were planted into the minds of Witnesses worldwide. Hopefully, a few of those seeds will grow and some will awaken.

I really hope this comes to pass.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Regarding the question about Holt's official status in the cong:

On another JWN thread, 'seenitall' wrote: I have direct information that Jonathan Holt was not reproved. He stepped down from being an MS after his "episode" last year. He had not attended meetings the past few months and his wife was getting ready to seperate from him. This info comes from someone in the same cong. who will not be identified. They read letters in all the congs telling ones to not be interviewed by media and refer all questions to the family spokesman. The branch sent out 2 brothers to do comfort the cong (do damage control) and the District Overseer conducted the Memorial Service on Saturday. All this is from reliable source.

On the same thread, JW GoneBad wrote: I learned from a friend who knows members of Whitney's congregation that Jonathan Holt has been baptized some 4+ years, had been a MS but was reproved last year and removed. The question remains: Reproved and removed …….Why? Is there a connection with his being reproved, removed as MS and this crime?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/240550/1/Oregon-Jehovahs-Witness-Rapes-and-Murders-Jehovahs-Witness-neighbor-The-congregation-a-spiritual-paradise-where-lambs-and-lions-are-at-peace

Does anyone here know which is correct?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Does this congregation or area of jw congregations do the same for non-jws? Would they? Who is my neighbor?

Thats good point Blondie

Most JWS wouldn't get involved particularly if it involved a non member ( Worldly )

" Well its to be expected since this is Satan's world, outside of are spiritual righteous earthly arrangement. "

• sir82
    sir82
    On another JWN thread, 'seenitall' wrote: I have direct information that Jonathan Holt was not reproved. He stepped down from being an MS after his "episode" last year.

My first thought was that it would be hard for a non-elder to know about whether reproof had occurred or not, since it is supposed to be confidential, but then I recalled Holt is just 24 or so. Many kids around that age tend to virtually brag about that sort of stuff, so his status may have been well known among the JW kids & young adults there.

Any idea about what the "episode", referred to above, was?

• trujw
    trujw

Why are they going hand and hand with the devil's world? Would they be holding hands side by side with a priest? It is just funny when you are out all the things you notice about how many of us use to act and how we can departmentalize so many things and not see a contradiction when we are in the borg. Darth exactly right wow the WBTS had a DO come to the hall so are soo loving!!!!!

• undercover
    undercover

how could the show of love and support given by these worldly people even compare with the World Headquarters of Whitney's own faith, the "true Christian brotherhood"? Surely, you would expect the billion-dollar Watchtower and Bible Tract Society to easily surpass the love shown by the local community. What witness did Watchtower give? Our writer answers, "The Society got involved and had the circuit and district overseers come and serve Clint’s congregation this week – the district overseer also gave the private memorial talk on Saturday." Watchtower redirected the schedules of their local circuit and district overseers.

You just can't compare the love of Watchtower with the love of the "worldly" community, can you! The "worldly" community cares so much more!

That's the WTS in a nutshell. They don't care! They don't care about individuals. They don't care about congregations. They don't care about communities. They care about their bottom line, and how their volunteers continue to contribute to make their monthly goals.

Dollars to donuts, they're probably more concerned over the loss of field service hours during this ordeal than they are about the tragedy.

I've seen it happen. During a CO's visit one year, the turn out to mid-week service numbers was in the tank. Only a few hardliners showed up. The CO questioned the elders. The elders explained that a trial for the murderer of a local witness was happening and that a lot of the congregation members were in attendance. The CO's response? Those JWs need to be in service, not at a trial. They can't help the dead JW, but they can help living worldly people come into the 'truth'.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Personally I think the Facebook post sounds like a wannabe fiction writer. It is exactly the same kind of urban legend emails JWs forward all around the world all the time, retelling an event with JW spin.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sir82 asked: Any idea about what the "episode", referred to above, was?

Yes. About a year ago, he took off with a friend's rental (??) car and the friend filed a police report. Holt showed up about 12 hours later with no real explanation of why he took off and where he had been but his comments to wife and friends was essentially the same: 'Needed to clear my head.' He was distraught about his marriage, (lack of) job, etc.

• sir82
    sir82

OK I think I do remember reading that.

That might be enough to get him removed (or force him to step down) as an MS, but on the surface I don't see anything that would lead to judicial reproof.

There's still quite a few missing pieces.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I’m glad this family of Witnesses found some degree of comfort during its time of distress.

But my mind can’t stop from wondering why the same community stands idly by while thousands upon thousands of its members are literally sacrificed in death to the cold-cold arms of Watchtower’s blood doctrine and its teachers who refuse to answer for it when asked by the same community.

Alas! Who among Jehovah’s Witnesses is turning over sticks, stones and debris trying to stop the criminals responsible for this vast carnage?

More than 50,000 dead available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit