Whitney Heichel - first hand account from congregation member on Facebook

by sir82 104 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Bonehead - he was an active JW who was married in a kingdom hall just 2 years previously. The wording makes it sound like he was some homeless dude who just happened to wander into the Kingdom Hall a couple fo times.

This is such a blatent misleading statment that they put out that he was "irregular". It just amazes me that witnesses who actually understand what that term really means have bought into it and spun it into a full blown lie. This just re-affirms why I hate this fracking mind control cult, they are like Satan only better at deception.

You can see the attempts of the dubs to silence the truth, in the comments sections of the KATU news articles.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Search-leader-Whitney-Heichels-sweater-first-clue-found-by-searchers-175893161.html

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Jonathan-Holt-Whitney-Heichel-murder-175511261.html

• james_woods
    james_woods

People say some idiotic things when under the pressure of a tragedy like this...including the police chief.

Just think about some of the total raving insanity spouted right after 9/11 2001.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

As Dubs we have it ingrained in us to turn a negative into a positive for the WTS and JAH. No Doubt JWs are a tight group...that is one of the things that used to give me warm goosebumps..ahhh the brotherhood. It is real, a real feeling of closeness but once you are on the 'outs' you realize how stale and conditional it really is. For all these brothers that closeness really helped. No arguing that they can quickly organize things. In the case of this search it obviously helped.

Had I been a worldly searcher that day that was fed on Larch Mtn, I would have genuinely thought, wow, what a great group of people. I don't think it would move me to go grab a Bible Teach book though ;-)

I was also bothered by this line: " Why, he even has gone to some meetings at their Kingdom Hall!" Really dip$%it...he was baptized!!! Whenever you start a statement with the word 'Why' it amps up the corny factor. How stupid.

And the statement about Jehovah not letting it rain...sure, Jehovah controlled the weather so you could pass out more books...but he didn't help whitney when she needed it most. What another stupid thing to say.

I wonder after all the dust settles if, and how many might be baptized because of this tragedy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The writer carefully avoids giving credit to the generosity of the businesses that made sizeazble donations and assistance, and the overwhelming support of the community , from "Satan's world"....and yes, why try and turn into a Witness-fest to spread their message? ..J W Talk is full of people like this.

This line surprised me :

"He goes to the bank to see if there are any unusual activities on her account. He knows personally one of the bank officers, so privacy rules are dropped and they look into her account. Sure enough, someone has filled up with gas miles away, using Whitney’s credit card"

It would not happen in the U K unless the bank employee wanted instant dismissal and a risk of personal prosecution, especially since at that time she was not officially "missing".....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

indocrinated cult-speak at a time like this really pisses me off

It's all they have to cling to in order to help keep their sanity under circumstances like this.

If they were devout members of some other religion, it would sound nearly the same, with the exception that "Whitney is most certainly now in heaven with God" (instead of just in God's memory).

In times of a tragedy like this, the members of the local congregations do indeed really rally around to comfort a family. But, how long will it last? It will be move on to business as usual all too soon, while the family (husband, mother, etc) will never be the same. AT some point some will say (hopefully just behind their backs) that it's time to move on.

Doc

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But we have clearly won them over and think the world of Jehovah’s Witnesses now. The chief of police said that the next time someone goes missing in Portland, he is going to call on Jehovah’s Witnesses." Facebook account, OP

Oh, crap....

Cult mentality and "love-bombing" provide yet another inappropriate opportunity for a Watchtower Society 'infomercial', where there should ONLY have been contemplation of Whitney's life, so tragically cut short by ANOTHER cult member...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But we have clearly won them over and think the world of Jehovah’s Witnesses now.
    The chief of police said that the next time someone goes missing in Portland, he is going to call on Jehovah’s Witnesses"
    [Finkelstein] "Bullshit propaganda and probably a lie.
    Like no other religious organization such as the Baptists, Mormons, Catholic organizations/churches would help out to the extent in the way Whitney's and Clint's congregation did ???
    Another pretentious lie expressed by a typical thinking ( brainwashed JW ) ..." Finkelstein

What Finkelstein pointed out, made me realize - here's another Jehovah's Witness "urban myth" in the making - AND you can BET your boots that this "experience" will be PROMINENTLY FEATURED at many, many Jehovah's Witness assemblies for a LOOOOONG time to come...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't recall at any time that a congregation went out and made up such a show for the media. There's been other victims of violence in the cong, but this one certainly has the wow show going on.

Who sent the order to do so?

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

While it's pretty obvious that some of the comments from "worldly" people are bs, I am glad that the congregation came together to support the family. I just wish they would stop turning it into an opportunity to preach and allow the family to grieve.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Two cartons of Bibles and a carton of Teach books had been placed.

JWS cant help their literature marketing propaganda aspect of their religion, even at times such as a funeral.

Disgusting

And I'm not surprised that JWS who are making comments about this Johnathan Holt character in saying he was

inactive. Its mostly coming JWS who never even personally knew or met the guy.

We all know how strenuously JWs try to protect the image of the organization, even to the extent of lying if necessary.

( Satan's evil world is outside of are specially chosen Godly earthly organization of the JWS )

By the way this Holt guy could receive the death penalty because he committed three serious crimes all together

at the same event, kidnapping, rape and murder. There has been an update list of 6 charges posed against him.

Mind you Oregon hasn't executed anyone for awhile now, so he might just receive consecutive life sentences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit