It's time I face the truth about my belief in God.

by Cagefighter 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Rape was only a capital offense if a married woman was raped. Raping a young woman, a virgin, maybe even a child, only meant that the rapist could pay the father for the victim and marry her. It was not a capital offense because of the suffering caused (or else it would apply to the unmarried woman) but because of a property issue and the insult to the husband.

Don't sugarcoat it, please.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

cagefighter: thank you for taking inside your thought processing system, I enjoyed your post very much!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
  • prologos
    prologos

new chapter, you with the details, would an israeli solder be court- martialed and would he not forfeited his life in case of rape? Mi lei of the OT? and was the case of death penalty in a rape conviction in CIVIL ? society not somehow linked to screeming? so capital punishment was huge then. So as paul indicated the law alerted people to identify sin, where they could hurt others, the positive side of the scriptures and some ascociations. As now has come out more and more, rape by rampaging uniformed bands of men with guns is widespread, and screaming .if you ever heard it, is not to alert and bring help, but because of the pain. you would never forget it, the pain and the screams. ---Even Egypt jailed people (joseph) for attempted rape for life- often a shortened life like pharaos baker. so the bible might be fabels, but its fabulous to help us to do good if we want to. blessings and thank you,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit