If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

by Fernando 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Pson, i was thinking just an hour ago about where you were. And here you are, lol.

Peace,

tammy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tec

Remember too, that those gospels are set in a microcosm, during a time of small thinking. A small band around jesus, within the oppressive jewish patriarchy, which saw itself as an occupied people, within the roman state, which empire saw itself within a hostile world. The brotherhood of man and all is one was little understood or acted on. Small minded 'jesus is the only door' way of thinking was normal, for the time. However, 2000 yrs have passed. Most of the world has grown a bit, since then.

S

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It seems a bit off for God, if he exists, to be displeased with us not doing what we imagine pleases him (worship, prayer, obey conscience) when God isn't lifting a finger to prevent any of the evil and suffering in the world. Doesn't the Bible say we love God because he first loved us and if there is not a distinct trumpet blast no one will bother moving into action? In what way can God say he loves us but has remained totally hidden and inactive for the last 2,000 years? Frankly, God's only got himself to blame for atheism taking such a strong hold since the mid 19th century.

• jam
    jam

MeFreeze, same thought. I was thinking about that last

nite. What acts or deeds by my childrens would be worthy

of death by my hands. I couldn,t think of one single act.

OK we are made in the likeness or image of God but for some

reason that part of our makeup fall short when you compare that

of God. What pleases God, who in the hell knows.

A few weeks ago I posted a topic on faith without knowledge,

and had a discussion with a young mininster. I ask him

this very question, What action on your part would be worthy

of death by your folks hands? His words, If God spoke to my

mom and dad and told them to do so (death), yes they would.

I hope he never have kids.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tec said:

' I do not believe in 'biblegod'. '

When i say biblegod, i refer to the god of the bible, the main theme of the bible. Is you god the same one? Or, does jesus introduce you to another? In other words, does jesus have a different god than the one in the ot, for instance?

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN
    If you want to argue, you must take up an opposing position. How can you expect an argument w something like that??
    S;)

How can anyone argue with Love?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yuk.

S

• tec
    tec

That is a difficult question to answer, Satanus. The bible is not one book. The bible is not inerrant. God is written about in the various books of the bible... but the bible also has contradicting views of God at times. So I don't worry so much about anything other than the image that Christ gave of His Father. God being as Christ showed Him to be. Christ being the Image and Truth of God.

You may not agree with this, but do you understand what I mean?

Peace

tammy

• Etude
    Etude

I saw this topic, especially the part that says: "If you believe God exits..." and I said to my self: "OK self, this is one you don't have to even look at, since you don't believe." But then I decided to take a peek and read some comments. You guys crack me up! Keep up the good work.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'So I don't worry so much about anything other than the image that Christ gave of His Father. God being as Christ showed Him to be. Christ being the Image and Truth of God.'

Are you talking about words in the nt gospels, or what you, personally saw or experienced?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit