If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

by Fernando 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

Our family has come to believe that God really wants each individual to personally and independently seek, find and walk with him - quite apart from what other humans say, think, believe or do.

We believe we were created as semi-autonomous beings. When our inner compass is recalibrated, and we then self-direct, the outcomes seem best.

When we are instead led by humans, their hierarchies, organisations and ideas, the outcomes on the whole seem unfavourable. Legalism (rules), moralism (a moral code), ethnocentrism (doctrine), and Gnosticism (knowledge) may seem meritorious.

Yet these do not seem to lead to the deep inner transformation needed. Instead they counterintuitively and invariably seem to lead to hypocrisy, supremacist thinking, and division - at best. (This is well described in the Watchtower library, likely by Raymond Franz. Search for "legalism" and "an experiment that failed").

Humans it seems are unable to fully resolve the intractable problems that have plagued humanity and society for millennia. We generally break more than we fix - à la Watchtower Society, à la Protestants, à la Catholics, à la Islamists, à la Jews.

On our family's journey, we have found that God has hidden a map in plain sight throughout scripture, to enable a personal quest to find and walk with him. This map is the "unabridged gospel" message also known as the "good news". God reveals this map to any who genuinely seek and turn to him instead of following other humans and their ideas.

We have found that any and all religion deliberately hides, obfuscates and truncates this map. Hence the previous Watchtower belief and teaching that all religion is a snare and a racket.

Evidence of religion's surreptitious hostility toward the "unabridged gospel" or full "good news"?

Why is it near impossible to find a so called "publisher of the good news" that is even vaguely familiar with the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?

At any rate that is what we seem to be learning, and where we are at on our personal journey.

If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What pleases Jehovah the most? Having the whole human race miserable, enslaved, and with no hope of ever developing their spirituality. Simple.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Fernando: I'm neither a believer nor unbeliever at this point in my journey. I guess if I were a 100% believer then I would have to say that Christ's command to love God with whole heart, mind, soul and strength and to love one's neighbour as ourself would pretty much sum it up for me. I do not think any religion is a gateway to God's approval. (if he exists) -Leslie

• Fernando
    Fernando

A very apt description of the "god of religion" that matches with our personal experience, WTWizard.

@Leslie

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Missionary style sex

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

He likes blood, penile tissue, nudity when he's the only one watching, he like determining what you wear, what you eat and what buildings you wear. He likes to think of himself as a priestly fashion designer , a boat builder and an architect. He really likes it when you give him money , especially when you are an old widow. He has a thing for widows as he kills men genetically and in wars much more than he kills women in childbirth. He likes to perform abortions but gets upset when we stop him overpopulating the earth by doing it ourselves. He likes mysteries and fables ( he has a marked avoidance of facts and figures.) He likes people to like him over and above anyone or anything else. He loves people to talk to him especially when he's not going to respond, he likes the ill, abused and downtrodden to pray. He likes to make vague promises that have no need of literal fulfillment. He really likes the middle east.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Praise be to God, the Merciful and Most Kind. You alone we worship and to You alone we pray to for help, guide us on the Straight path, the path of those whom you have favored, not of those who earn your anger or those who have gone astray.

• A Stone Crying Out
    A Stone Crying Out

Fernando, would you mind explaining what the "good news" is?

Thanks.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I don't think God can be "pleased". In my experience he is not very co-dependent.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey A Stone Crying Out!

I'd be happy to share what our family is learning.

The "good news" is firstly, and in one word, a message.

Apparently the Greek word Euaggelion (Evangelion in Latin) conveyed the understanding of a victory message delivered on the battlefield.

In this case a legal and spiritual battlefield.

The message is about the legal defeat of sin, sickness, suffering, death, religion and our evil step-father Satan the Devil (by means of Jesus' death and the corresponding ransom price paid thereby).

The "unabridged gospel" or "full good news" is God's ultimate answer to religion and its messages surreptitiously published in Eden.

The messages of death, enmity, bondage and decay were surreptitiously published in Eden by Satan when encouraging Adam and Eve to relate to God on alternate terms (religion).

God responded by publishing the competing messages of salvation, reconciliation (atonement), liberation (deliverance), and restoration.

The central message or theme of the Bible is the legal custody battle between our evil step-father and our heavenly father by means of religion versus the "unabridged gospel".

This battle is articulated in numerous iterations such as "self-righteousness" versus "imputed righteousness" (justification).

"Whitewashing graves" and "cleaning the outside of the cup" versus "imputed holiness" (sanctification).

Navigation by "legalism" (rule-making and rule-keeping) instead of by "circumcision of the heart", by love, and by Holy Spirit.

Navigation by "moralism" (an external written moral code) instead of by "circumcision of the heart", by love, and by Holy Spirit.

Ethnocentric unity in doctrine, versus unity in Christ.

Knowledge instead of relationship (knowing intimately).

Law versus grace.

Faith versus works.

Numerous further ingredients of the "unabridged gospel" are woven throughout scripture - hidden in plain sight. A start at uncovering them can be made by marking all the occurrences of the phrase "good news" or the word "gospel" in ones Bible.

Jesus' birth, incarnation, death, burial, resurrection, ascension and all the implications and shadows are all key ingredients and part of the rich multi-faceted gospel message (1 Cor 15).

In summary the gospel was revealed to Abraham in the form of the eternal Abrahamic Covenant. The "Old Testament" or Covenant, and the "New Testament" or Covenant were/are time and context sensitive expressions of the eternal Abrahamic Covenant.

The "good news about the Christ" and the "good news about the Kingdom" are two distinct major components of the gospel (Acts 8:12).

In his 2010 book "What is the Gospel" Greg Gilbert defines the Kingdom as: "God's [eternal, victorious and] redemptive rule, reign and authority over those redeemed by Christ." (paraphrased)

The "unabridged gospel" is not discovered or apprehended by intellect, but revealed by Holy Spirit to those whom the father chooses - often those rejected by Pharisees (the ruling religious clergy class).

Those following a "Christian" religion get to know about Jesus through middlemen. They remain passive in spiritual bondage and blind to the full "unabridged gospel" and all its rich implications and powerfully transformative opportunities.

Ordinary persons (the so called laity class) following the unabridged gospel to its zenith, get to know Jesus personally and directly. As such they readily and naturally refer to, and see him as "my Lord", "my saviour", "my redeemer", "my atoner/reconciler", "my liberator/deliverer", "my high-priest", "my older brother", "my restorer" and more...

Watchtower religionists follow one of the worst depleted or truncated gospels around. First the "good news about the Christ" is removed. Then the "good news of the Kingdom" is truncated down to the "message of restoration". Then the present spiritual dimensions are removed. What remains is the "future restoration of physical paradise on earth".

Ask any Watchtower religionist and so called "publisher of the good news' what the "good news" is. They might explain doctrinal issues such as trinity, hellfire and immortality of the soul. Alternatively they may attempt to explain Matt 24:14. However they will not refer to the "good news" according to Paul. Yet more than half their own Bible's 152-odd references to (the) "good news" are by Paul!

If a Watchtower religionist was asked to explain the gospel in one word you likely would get a blank stare. If they are asked to explain the "good news" in one word they likely would say "kingdom". Once they are aware that Paul refers to (the) "good news" around 85 times, ask them how many times Paul refers to "good news" and "kingdom" in the same sentence. They should be shocked and perplexed at the answer - zero times!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit