If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

by Fernando 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sizemik
    sizemik
    If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

Whatever it is . . . he isn't getting enough of it.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Fernando, I understand your concept of the good news. This is what Shelby (aguest) tries to get us to understand. also Tec. This personal walk/relationship with Christ. No religious interference. Just one on one. To answer your question, I think if we ate of the tree of knowledge God expects us to have the brains to figure it out. But theres one flaw. Imperfection. Seems it been there since day one. It's hard to know what path to follow when we keep stumbling ourselves. How can we truly please him? I'll stick with love and respect of mankind. peaceall paulnotsaul

• Diest
    Diest

Ritual child sacrifice....he loves it. Killing kittens is a close second.

• designs
    designs

Fernando- What do you do differently than someone who simply spends their time and resources helping others and caring for the earth but is not a believer in a diety.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Fernando you have a pm.

• Jaime l de Aragon
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

fernando - i agree.

• Terry
    Terry

God is all about appeasement...of Himself by inferiors.

Those inferiors are His own creation.

He could have made all equals needing nothing from anyone, but, instead the inferiors were crafted to be dependent, weak, vulnerable and threatened by extinction.

All the while, this historic and literary God wants "good press".

The bully who demands to be loved. The sadist who must be seen as heroic.

Such a person, deity, entity or literary figure is imaginary, of course.

This projection of mankinds worst fears and best hopes is amazingly weak when it comes to getting things done quickly. He promises justice while biding His time until billions of lives are lost. Threats and promises pretty much sum up the story of Jehovah.

No, I think we are on our own to provide for ourselves and our families. We are better off taking care of business and keeping our god in our pocket like a rabbit's foot.

Any of us if WE were invested with the reputed "powers of God" would get the job done quickly with zero tolerance for thousands of years of injustice, poverty, death, disease and human suffering.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ritual child sacrifice....he loves it. Killing kittens is a close second.

Let me add to this... mutilation of the penis.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey designs!

Scripture tells me that what I do cannot save me. I am but an imperfect, fallen and dysfunctional human who misses the mark like everyone else. I disappoint myself and others.

It is what Jesus has done that saves us.

We cannot earn, deserve or pay for salvation as religionists would have us believe (with the view to assuming authority and control over us).

According to the "good news" "eternal life" is available as a free gift to anyone pursuing the "good news" instead of religion (self-righteousness).

Since leaving the Watchtower my desire to "spend my time and resources helping others and caring for the earth" has exceeded my capacity. I've had to be satisfied with the little I am able to do at present, and hope for better in the future...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit