Jesus Christ Superstar

by FlyingHighNow 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aww, i was just getting a little bit interested. Guess, it's a girly movie. Not that there's anything wrong w that.

S

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

My many years as a former JW have turned me away from organized religion, but FHN is right, this is definitely a cool movie. I wish I could have seen a live performance.

One of my favorite scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GTVeXNWfg

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

FHN - I never got to see it on the big screen version. When it came through my city I was still a dub slave and we were not allowed to go see the movie. I just got to listen to other people rave about what an amazing movie it was.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ian Gillan one of the greatest Rock singers of all time!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jamie, I love Ted.

Amelia, I didn't know there was a black Jesus version. That has to be cool.

Steve, I would have loved to see it live with Ted and Carl Anderson.

Satanus, a lot of guys love JCS. I know guys who know every word to each of the songs in the movie. All of the guys in my family and Andy love the Ted Neeley version.

Can't Leave, I agree about Ian Gillan. I am so glad he was the lead singer on the tour I saw of Deep Purple.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What's the buzz? Tell me what's a happenin'?

(Love the 70's lingo and the jazzy, funky hammond organ on this one.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhViRRmCvTI

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had a boss who is a few years younger than me. She loved JCS, but had not seen the 73 version. So I gave her a copy of it as a gift. She just couldn't get used to the hippy Jesus and Apostles and the on location in Israel scenery.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you haven't seen this wonderful, first film version of Jesus Christ Supertar, and even if you have: here is the whole movie on youtube.

Ted Neeley who plays Jesus is a rocker from Texas. He met his wife, one of the dancers, while filming this on location in Israel. He's got a facebook page and posts some very grateful, uplifting posts. Carl Anderson, who plays Judas, died in the past few years. The rest of the main characters toured the country for the 40th anniversary of the film. Ted, Yvonne Elimen, the actors who played Pilot, Caiaphas and I think even Josh Mostel showed up in various combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFZolKj9nHI

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw the original cast on Broadway. The music moves me. There were several radio hits from the play. Years later, I saw a revival on Broadway. They should have refunded our money. It was terrible. Maybe if I had not loved the first one, I could tolerate the second. I wanted to walk out. The movie is just ok. I play JC Superstar on my ipod a lot.

Godspell was weak. My favorite Jesus is in The Last Temptation of Christ. JC Superstar shows Judas in a good light. I have never seen such a difference in casts and production values in my whole life. I prefer JC Superstar's music to Evita's. The first play had a glitter, happening quality. I enjoy Herod's camp song.

• CaptainSchmideo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit