A spin off of the athiest thread

by trujw 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trujw
    trujw

I think worship is a human concept. Ok Farkel you wanted something deep. Comment on this. There very well could be a spirit type creature just not are concept of what it should be.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

depends on your point of view I think zid. edit: My pov is that i want to move away from locating too much power within humans and rather head towards what truxjw is saying - that worship is part of a human concept whereas the idea of there being an unnameable unknown type of spirit releases us from what is we already know to move towards what we don't know

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "My pov is that i want to move away from locating too much power within humans and rather head towards what truxjw is saying - that worship is part of a human concept whereas the idea of there being an unnameable unknown type of spirit releases us from what is we already know to move towards what we don't know..." Soft&Gentle, post #957

[bringing this part out...] " releases us from what is we already know to move towards what we don't know..."

Uhm, that's also a function of plain old "curiosity" - which most research scientists have in abundance, without the need to believe in some sky-spirit...

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I think the act of looking to the sky is part of the human and divine journey and yes i agree curiosity plays a big part in this.

edit: have to leave now - back later

• trujw
    trujw

Ok true what has been said but if my mind can't comprehend nothing from nothing perhaps a unloving, unknowing type of sky god or creature can exist. We have an earth that is predicated on death. I dont see anyone in paradise petting great white sharks eating seeweed. I am just trying to get people smarter than me to help answer deep thoughts I have and for some reason I think there can be something greater than my mind can grasps out there.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heh, heh....

If your mind "can't comprehend nothing from nothing..."

Try thinking about "forever" - eternity - for a week...

Zid

• trujw
    trujw

Ziddina you A@#@ this is suppose to be a smart thread. God I think we could be best friends if I knew you. Now back to philosophy

• trujw
    trujw

Ok a fly walking around the sun made of metal. Thank you aTHONY mORRISS the third

• trujw
    trujw

That is eternity

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Maybe he is flawed not all knowing and looks at us the same as I look at ants?

On occasion . . . the ants get to sneak up on a human, sting the shit out of him, and make his ass itch for a week.

I'm looking forward to that part . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit