A spin off of the athiest thread

by trujw 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trujw
    trujw

Has anyone thought there is a god but he is not perfect. Maybe he is flawed not all knowing and looks at us the same as I look at ants? People are either black or white. I think grey. No matter what something started from nothing. We are here we think and I am writing this. How did it all start. something was forever it really blows my mind.

• ziddina
    ziddina

If it isn't 'perfect', then what makes it [deity or 'god' or 'goddess' ] think that it is worthy of worship?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

trujw, zid - I think it is the ability of the god or godess to make reparation and then give healing and comfort that makes them worthy of worship. But on the other hand if another power can do this for you then the god or godess can and does fade from one's life.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Why is there a need for "reparation"?

What if the present state of the world and humanity IS "perfect" - just not the late-Iron-age Middle-Eastern nomadic-sheepherding-males' idea of "perfection"???

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

If it isn't 'perfect', then what makes it [deity or 'god' or 'goddess' ] think that it is worthy of worship? And if it is perfect, is that a reason to worship it? Would it need worship?

• Twitch
    Twitch

If it is not omniscient or omnipotent, then it is not god

It seems reasonable to define perfection as being both of these, from a less than perfect perspective

God must be perfect, in the philosophical sense.

Many ideals are worshipped, god is not the only perfection sought.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

you ask some deep questions zid. let me go get a coffee and come back to you as it 6.54am here

• ziddina
    ziddina

Don't worry about it. I like Retrovirus' questions better...

What makes humans think that a "PERFECT" being would NEED to be worshipped??

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

alrigth - kettle is boiling merrily - back to you zid. I think humans always have a need to blame someone or something when things go wrong etc - do you agree?

• ziddina
    ziddina

But that brings us right back to humans inventing 'gods' and 'goddesses' in order to fulfill some human need...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit