A Couple Points about New Elders Child Abuse Letter Directions ...........

by flipper 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Flipper - "Bottom line is the new elders letter is basically a WT society leaders 'cover my a$$' letter designed to arrogantly take control away from elders and local congregations who might blow it legally for WT leaders by getting involved and opening their mouths saying incriminating things in evidence against the WT society."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/239520/6/e2809cWe-will-decide-who-is-a-predatore2809d-e28093-New-Watchtower-Instructions-to-Elders-on-Child-Abuse

(fifth post down)

• stillin
    stillin

OTWO: Yes, we agree that children should be protected...everywhere, not just from perverted JW's. And, yes, I am thinking of a case here in my home congregation where a brother's precocious daughter climbed onto another brother's lap and the mother creeped out, reported her uneasiness to the BOE and the brother is now without privelege in the congregation, AND on the pedophile list. It was a non-event gone way wild.

This was the ONLY incident and the BOE simply is not fond of the brother and used the opportunity to blackball him.

If it were me I would be seeking legal counsel to shove it up their butts.

If I were the father I would be apologising profusely for my wife's actions. But none of that fixes the problem of the tarnished reputation.

Throw in the POLICE and the PUBLIC and that brother's situation will be a nightmare!

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

In all cases of suspected and alleged sexual abuse, the Police should be called immediately. The state of California and many other states have set up stringent laws to enforce this practice of reporting and other states are working to catch up.

http://www.mandatedreporterca.com/faq/faq.htm

How many children are reported for abuse or neglect annually?

Nationally:
    According to Child Maltreatment 2010, the most recent report of data from the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), approximately 3.6 million reports of suspected abuse or neglect were filed.Of these, 20% of the reports were substantiated, meaning approximately 720,000 children were found to be victims of child abuse or neglect in 2009. Of this number, the data is broken down by the type of allegation:

v 78 percent suffered neglect

v 18 percent were physically abused

v 10 percent were sexually abused

v 8 percent were emotionally or psychologically maltreated

v 2 percent were medically neglected

California:
    According to the Child Welfare Dynamic Report System, the most recent report of data from the California Department of Social Services/University of California at Berkeley collaboration, (website http://cssr.berkeley.edu/ucb_childwelfare ), approximately 87,000 children were found to be substantiated victims of child abuse or neglect from July 2009 to June 2010.Of this number, the data is broken down by the type of allegation:

v 62 percent suffered neglect

v 19 percent were physically abused

v 9 percent were sexually abused

v 10 percent were emotionally or psychologically maltreated

Why must you report?

The primary intent of the reporting law is to protect the child from abuse and neglect. However, a report of suspected child abuse or neglect may also present an opportunity to provide help for the family. Parents who are under stress may be unable to ask for help directly, and may not know where or how to access support/help. A report of suspected abuse or neglect may be the catalyst for bringing about change in the home environment, which in turn may help to lower the risk of abuse or neglect in the home.

How much proof do I need to provide that abuse or neglect has occurred?

No proof of abuse or neglect is needed, only “reasonable suspicion” that child abuse or neglect may have occurred. If you are at all concerned about the possibility of abuse or neglect, you should report. Investigations will be conducted by law enforcement and/or the county child welfare department to determine if abuse or neglect has occurred. Delayed reporting while awaiting further information may hinder investigation by the appropriate agencies.

Who are mandated reporters?

Though everyone should report child abuse, a number of professionals must report abuse or be held liable by law. The specific positions are listed in California Penal Code section 11165.7. Professions include but are not limited to:

• A teacher

• An instructional aide

• A teacher’s aide or assistant at public or private school

• An employee of public school

• An administrative officer or supervisor of child welfare and attendance of any school

• An administrator of day camp, public or private

• An administrator or employee of a public or private youth center, youth recreation program, or youth organization

• An administrator or employee of any organization whose duties require direct contact and supervision of children

• Any employee of the state or county education system whose duties bring them into contact with children on a regular basis

• A licensee, administrator, or employee of a licensed community care or child day care facility

• A Head Start program teacher

• A licensing worker or licensing evaluator

• A public assistance worker

• An employee of a child care institution including foster parents, group home personnel, and personnel of residential care facilities

• A social worker, probation officer, or parole officer

• An employee of a school district police or security department

• Any person who works in a child abuse prevention program in any school

• A district attorney investigator, inspector, or local child support agency caseworker

• A peace officer

• A firefighter (except volunteers)

• A physician, surgeon, psychiatrist, psychologist, dentist, resident, intern, podiatrist, chiropractor, licensed nurse, dental hygienist, optometrist, marriage, family and child counselor, clinical social worker

• Any EMT, paramedic, or other certified person

• A psychological assistant

• A marriage, family, and child therapist trainee

• An unlicensed marriage, family, and child therapist intern

• A state or county public health employee

• A coroner

• A medical examiner or anyone who performs autopsies

• A commercial film and photo processor

• A child visitation monitor

• An animal control officer or humane society officer

• A clergy member or religious practitioner

• A custodian of records of a clergy member

• Any employee of any police department, county sheriff’s department, county probation department, or county welfare department

• An employee or volunteer of a Court Appointed Special Advocate program

• An alcohol or drug counselor

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

" The branch office, not the local body of elders, determines whether an individual who has sexually abused children in the past will be considered a ' predator ' . "

Then this quote from the 1997 WT instructions : " And the congregation cannot read hearts to tell who IS and who IS NOT liable to molest children again. "

So is this the WT society just arrogantly claiming that ONLY THEY can read child molesters hearts and determine if he or she is a " predator " ? And/or is it just a control mechanism used to disempower the elders from making decisions on child abuse due to legal issues to defer to the WT legal department ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY now ?

I haven't read thru the other pages yet but seems to me if they are actually going to police there is no need for anyone to read anything. It seems it has not really changed directions in procedures. The people need to know and take action when it comes to children to get outside help pronto.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Hi Flipper,

I deleted my thread "Pre-2000 Tactics To Avoid Disfellowshiping For Child Sexual Abuse" , the reason I deleted the thread, was I did not want to bring up another negative thread. I should have left the post anyways, it might provide you with a better understanding why the Society worded the new letter the way they did. Here is part of my thread I deleted, it should provide you with insights and I think one of those behind the new thinking was one of the individuals I dealt with fifteen years ago.

A child sex-offender received the 1997 Elder Body Letter before the rest of the Kingdom Halls were given this insight gem. This elder had commited disgraceful folly with a child while he was appointed, time had pasted and his victim never came forward. He along with a few other elders who had "secret sin's" approached their favorite elders and confessed their sins. One of the most famous T.O.s (his name is very common to all readers of the magazines) was informed of these pre-1997 "Letter to the Body of Elders" confessions. The strangest cover up took place, no elder who came forward in this area had to bring it to the attention of their victims, no judicial committe was composed, it was all swept under the carpet. I dug deeper and found some even more strange things, the Society either was stupid, played dumb or never was imformed. If they were never imformed, was it the TOs fault, the POs fault or who?

One of the worse offending elders was finally taken down after one of the other elders started off on his bad ways again. He pointed out the sins of the elder who was trying to remove him, were far worse than his, it did not work but it started to spread around, as more elders found out of the strange "back room secrets being kept", another TO found out, he tried to unwind what the previous TO did, but he was told to "Shut Up!", I was told and "Don't bring this matter up again (You can guess who has authority to tell him to shut up!). This frankensteins-elders were the most wicked, heartless and compassionless as they attacked young ones for pre-martial sex. I don't wan't to divulge anymore than this, I know one elder who visits this site and was part of this situation too, he was suppose to back me up when all Hell was busting loose, he melted down like the coward he is. I wonder who gave the elder a copy of the letter far in advance of it's consumption for the regular congregation? The elder had friends in the department that was shaping this letter, so it's not a huge guess for me, since I know his friends well.

Allow me to point out one more thing, when some of the victims found out, they went ballastic and elders from different congregations tried to muzzle them by saying "You can be disfellowshiped for gossiping", to date October 2012, none, of the original elders were disfellowshiped for holding onto their secret sins for decades(it was thought that their consciences bothering them for decades was enough punishment and Jehovah would have removed them earlier, if they were actually bad men (how's that for reasoning?)), the damage by one elder is easily seen by his children, taking anti-psychotics and weighing close to 400lbs at age 26 is not her normal (she weighed 130 at age 18) self, she is suffering from horrible anxiety and panick attacks, she told me she "hated herself and felt disgusting" but refused to talk why she feels so ugly and worthless. I think I know.

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, thanks for all the comments ! We were out of town for a few days and I worked all night last night. First time I've actually been home since early Friday morning or Thursday night ! I'll reply a little later to your comments after eating, showering , and watching my S.F. 49ers win ( hopefully ). Take care ! Thanks again, feel free to add more observations ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- Thanks for sharing the link and the information regarding the boy scouts and the comparison to how the WT society handles child abuse. Very interesting. Boy Scouts are concerned about image just like the WT society. When will these organizations figure it out that it's about children's safety, not image or appearance of the organization ?

PUNK OF NICE- I agree with you. It's absolutely idiotic on the WT society's part to NOT call police first. Indeed a selfish organization that doesn't care about protecting children.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Indeed I'm aware of the crazy child molesters in your area. It is indeed insane how the elders have allowed some of these child molesters free reign in being with children in your area.

ON THE WAY OUT- Indeed, just call the police when children are molested ! It shouldn't be too hard for WT leaders to understand. I agree any lurking elders reading this, PLEASE call the police at first reports of child abuse .

SCARY 21- It IS nuts how the WT society is overun with child molesters and they are also very ignorant about information regarding child abuse. The fact that they treat it as a SIN instead of a crime shows how uneducated WT leaders and elders are about the seriousness of the situation.

PISTOFF - Indeed, call the police, end of story . How it SHOULD be.

COBALTCUPCAKE- Many JW victims of child abuse need sympathetic ears . And yes these molester ARE not able to be reformed. They'll molest more innocent ones .

STILLIN- The cops need to be called immediately. The priority is protecting children, not protecting egos. Peace out, mr. Flipper

PISTOFF- For sure, WT upper

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- I agree. WT society is just protecting it's legal financial behind. They don't really care about children's safety at all ! Thanks for the link.

STILLIN- I'll repeat. Tarnished reputations don't mean $hit if a child's safety is at stake.

TYLINBRANDO- Thanks for the links and state of California information about child abuse. A clergy member or religious practitioner. That shows how important reporting is.

HOPE 4 OTHERS- If anything the WT society has gotten MORE stubborn in their reporting policies because NOW elders have to let WT legal decide if they can pursue the child molesters. WT society has essentially tied duct tape on elders moths no

ARBOLES'DEARABIA- Wow, just wow. Those experiences you shared are truly a disgusting example of how many elders and traveling overseers try to cover up rampant child abuse. And then threaten to DF anyone who " gossiped " about it. Basically it's blackmailing the congregation members into silence. I hope more of these assholes get exposed for what they are felony criminal committing child molesters. I wish that 23,000 name JW database of JW child molesters would be exposed and names revealed. I think heads would roll then. Thanks for sharing this information

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• stillin
    stillin

Mr Mammal-fish-creature,

maybe you didn't read my post. In that situation there was NO safety issue nor molestation issue involving any child. However, there was an over-reacting mother with a wild imagination. This woman is one of the most "approved associates" in the congregation and the brother she started worrying about is your typical flaky witness who the local BOE is glad to think bad things about.

Now he is on the "list."

Nothing happened. Nothing ever will any more than something will happen with you.

The brothers overplayed the matter and thank goodness it isn't a police matter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit