I think you should know about this man. After all, he changed your life!

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I'm not quite ready to close the casket lid over William Miller as there are a few more details that haven't been disclosed in this thread.

Watch Tower didn't stop their endearment to William Miller till c. 1926, the last reference to Father Miller (not simply Brother Miller). His prophecy of 1944 continued to be significant in early Watch Tower doctrine. The 30 years from then till 1974 was viewed as the antitypical period between John the Baptist and the messiah.

Len Miller (no relation to William)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You mean 1874 dont you Len ?

Miller just another supposedly bible interpreting code breaking Adventist of the 19th century, complete with a literature he published and went about selling and giving public talks in support of his theology/ books.

He too didn't adhere to the instructions laid out by Jesus that no one knows of the time of the established new Kingdom to come and the admonishment Jesus gave toward those who were making a time on their own.

C T Russell of the WTS was another proliferating false prophet/charlatan that was on the heels of Miller.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Yes, Finkelstein, I meant both 1844 and 1874.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Watch Tower didn't stop their endearment to William Miller till c. 1926, the last reference to Father Miller (not simply Brother Miller)

Do you have that reference handy? Would love to see what it says.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Oops, double post.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From what I gather, William Miller didn’t just issue a one time apology for the Great Disappointmeny, but he repeatedly apologised for the unset that his false prediction had caused and tried to help people who suffered hardship as a result.

• millie210
    millie210

What was it about that time period that spawned so many of these types?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’m tempted to connect nineteenth century millennialism in the US with the frontier thesis in American history, although the exact connection I am not sure how to draw.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Thesis

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Miller's denial was a lot less than the Watchtower corporation's denial, so that he was able to look at the facts in a much clearer way than the Governing Body and it's writers they employ.

Watchtower should take a much needed lesson Mr. Miller in humility and human kindness.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

ScenicVierer:

Here's a link to that father Miller reference here from several years ago here it is

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/186678/russell-re-millerite-founder-father-miller-no-less-4-times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit