I think you should know about this man. After all, he changed your life!

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

Thank you for helping me become a doormat, William Miller! I shake myself over your grave!

--sd-7

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Russell invented nothing just borrowed from bigger brighter men. True

But not that much brighter, perhaps Russell saw the potential to start and express his own theological ideologies

supported no less by his own published works, attracting attention directly toward himself.

One thing that is certain propagating the second coming of Christ through public lectures or through printed literature,

your bound to attract attention from a segment of the bible believing population .

William Miller established a frame work or temp plate to this study of actualized sociological behavior.

One thing that should be learned by this man and with the JWS and alike, it isn't necessarily the veracity to accuracy

thats holds its importance, its more the human emotion that you cultivate and create from the information thats contains its

appreciative value.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way I forgot to ask how are you feeling these days Terry ? , we haven't seen much of you here recently

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

With the passing of time through the ages, mankind is at a loss. except for those who enjoin each other to truth and do righteous deeds with patience and constancy. If we merely run the race against Time we will lose. Its the spiritual part of us that conquers Time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

except for those who enjoin each other to truth and do righteous deeds with patience and constancy.

Well thats not that the JWS organization has been doing, its more about commercializing false teachings aggressively

In truth and rightness you mean the spreading of knowledge and education, concerning all things pertaining to humanity's existence ... right ?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The cover of a Millerite pamphlet.

Bangalore

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

^^^^not a far stretch from the latest WT cover. . .

• Terry
    Terry

By the way I forgot to ask how are you feeling these days Terry ? , we haven't seen much of you here recently

Oh, fine thanks. I ride my bicycle almost everyday for about 2-3 hours. I'm a more careful person now, however:)

As far as Adventist mindset, mentality and persistence of error.......

I think it comes down to what people WANT TO HAPPEN more than proof of what will happen.

The comfort and boost that comes from "knowing" divine plans, secrets and insider information is addictive to certain personalities.

As far as C.T.Russell is concerned...it is pretty obvious this young man was pampered by his Mom who had previously experienced miscarriage and doted on her son. Mother's over-the-top religious indoctrinations shaped young Charlie's persona.

Dad had strong organizational skills and Mom was rock solid supporter. Charles Taze Russell had all the time in the world (and the funds) to pursue his mania for End Times. He had been privately tutored by the best teachers available and fancied himself a skilled expositor.

Religious crackpots really love hearing their own ideas out loud. Whereas Miller was misguided as an amateur bible sleuth--he was honest in his apologies for being wrong. However, he never changed his mind!

When disproof after disproof falsified all the End Times claims it became absolutely NECESSARY to switch from "bible prophecy" to the excuse of "visions" by Ellen White. The Governing Body essentially does the same thing. Somehow...they "just know".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

He looks like Les Dawson's demon twin.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Thank you Willaim Miller, for if it were not for you, I would never have been born!!

Now about all that Cult stuff,... we got to talk!!

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit