Loyalty Questions in Judicial Hearings

by 00DAD 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I've seen several posts on various threads about a particular "Loyalty Question" or two that elders ask during Judicial Hearings.

Granted it's been several years since I was an elder, but I never heard of this practice.

Is there anything officially in print on this from the WT? A Letter to the BOE perhaps? I looked in the new and improved "Shepherd the Flock of God" book and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone here offer some insight?

Thanks in advance,

00DAD

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what is the loyalty question specifically? Is it like Colbert where he asks to put his balls in your mouth as proof of your loyalty? Or is it a simple question like, "Do you feel that this is God's organization here on earth?"

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

they ask if you actually still view yourself as a jehovah's witness and have those values etc. that's what they asked me at least.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH, I thought your Colbert vid thread was funny, but I'm trying to ask a serious question here.

JH, okay. So you were actually asked these kinds of questions. That's anecdotal evidence. Were you ever an elder? Do you know WHY they asked those questions and WHERE the elders in the JC got the specific direction to ask them?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know, that's why I asked question #2 about loyalty. I think I remember my ex wife getting asked that when we separated

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH, I believe it, I just don't know where the elders came up with these questions. You separated how long ago? I know it was long enough that it was when I was still serving as an elder.

I'm sure I was on 40 - 60 JC myself and I don't remember any elder ever asking anyone those questions. Maybe it just seemed so natural at the time it didn't stand out as unusual. Now it does.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I was also asked if I still considered myself a Jehovah's Witness in my JC meeting. That's the only thing I can remember having to do with loyalty. Of course, I said no because I was thinking I wasn't, having not been out in service for years and years. I found the question confusing at the time, I must admit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it was in 1999. I remember thinking it was an odd question at the time. She doesn't like me, how does that translate to hating the organization? I suppose they were looking for an easy answer and an easy DF. By that point she had fairly pissed off the elders.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Left in the Cold, how long ago was this? If you want to be vague that's OK, I understand.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

00DAD, no i never was an elder. i had a JC earlier this year for apostasy, but i wasn't DFed, as i know the game well enough.

i think they asked the question because the new and improved "shepherd book" does indeed mention a question along the lines, when someone didn't have much contact with the congregation anymore. chapter 5, paragraph 40. the question there is though, if a JC is even necessary, but i think due to the elders studying that part before a JC they might just ask it too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit