Why does the WBT$ protect

by punkofnice 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

By the way, Holt will be a "former member" as soon as the CO and 2 top-dog local elders get together to pronounce him guilty and DF'ed, if such a meeting has not already happened. The "judicial committee" will take no longer than 5 minutes.

I would wager that that is not neccesarily the case. I've seen some bad shit pass with a slap on the wrist.

Of course, that was a case of child pronography and we all know how tough they are on that stuff.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "If there is irrefutable evidence that JWs are just like any other religious organization, with their fair share of pedophiles, murderers, thieves, drunkards, etc., then why should a JW continue to belong to them and, perhaps just as importantly, continue to contribute to the organization? JWs as an organization are far less fun and interesting and fulfilling than Catholics & Baptists and Methodists & Lutherans & you name it. The one thing they've apparently got is 'hey, we're more spitirually pure than everyone else out there'. Take that away, and why would anyone stick around?"

You nailed it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Many organizations shelter pedophiles. While they may be uncomfortable about the sexual abuse, they are more concerned about image and embarassment. One of the ways they make themselves more comfortable and justify the cover-up is to believe the children are lying or that the children somehow seduced whoever it is they are protecting.

How come no one ever just calls the police? If you saw someone molesting a child, wouldn't you start yelling?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BofC – Thanks for the link. I didn’t see this topic before. I guess there are so many postings I miss a lot of them.

BBro – I see what you are saying friend. I guess I cannot cast nasturtiums but am fishing to see if there is any real inside intel out there.

Outlaw – Nice one!

James W – Yes. I heard the same thing about them on another thread ages ago.

Sir82 – Agreed! Reputation over safety.

Vidiot – Yes. Nailed.

Hortensia – You’d think the police would be the first line of defence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit