Nebuchadnezzar's accession year in 625 B.C.E

by biometrics 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The Watchtower needs to add 20 years to the beginning of his reign, or else all of the other dates in the babylonian lineage don't match. They do this arbitrarily and without any support.

WHen it comes to this 607 bc issue, the Watchtower's entire support revolves around fixating on the 70 years of servitude mentioned in the bible, and then counting that back from 539 BC when Babylon was "destroyed". Meanwhile they ignore scores of evidence from multiple sources which corroborate each other, confirming that the destruction of Jerusalem could never have happen in 607BC. It's really physically impossible.

That specifically was the straw that finally made me shut the door on this cult, because it's evident to me that the leadership clearly knows that they are wrong on this, but are too embarassed or too afraid to let the fallacy crumble for the sake of truth and clarity. Instead they perpetuate this lie to save face and in the process mislead millions.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Most scholars including the watchtower accepts that over threw Babylon in 539 BC

Babylons reign can now be calculated right from Jeremiah 25...

9 "I am going to send for all the peoples from the north and for my servant, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia. I am going to bring them to fight against Judah and its inhabitants and against all the neighboring nations. I am going to destroy this nation and its neighbors and leave them in ruins forever, a terrible and shocking sight. I, the Lord, have spoken. 10 I will silence their shouts of joy and gladness and the happy sounds of wedding feasts. They will have no oil for their lamps, and there will be no more grain. 11 This whole land will be left in ruins and will be a shocking sight, and the neighboring nations will serve the king of Babylonia for seventy years. 12 After that I will punish Babylonia and its king for their sin...

70 years for Babylon...... So 70 + 539 = 609 BC

This fits ALSO FITS WITH Jerusalem being destroyed in 587 BC

• biometrics
    biometrics

^^ Thanks for that. The 70 years from 539 is so simple, it makes the king lineage look overly complicated.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Biometrics *** ^^ Thanks for that. The 70 years from 539 is so simple, it makes the king lineage look overly complicated.***

I believe the Org. Make it complicated purposely so students will just accept it as I did, but NO More....and they Know they are hiding this truth.

The misunderstanding is the "meaning of the 70 years" .....it is clear from Jeremiah 25:9-12 its 70 years for BABYLON !!!,,

• kepler
    kepler

Pterist,

You shouldn't have stopped there at 25:12. There's another issue to address after the 70 years and 607 BC.

Babylon is NOT destroyed. It simply comes under new management and the temple priests like it. Very unhappy with that absentee King Nabonidus. Jeremiah 25:13 is a failed prophecy ( make it desolate forever). Persians were very active in Babylon, cuneiform tablets record continued activity; Herodotus describes it in detail, might have visited there, and fails to mention a "desolation"; Xenophon fought to seize it with a pretender to the Persian throne; and even Alexander made it his empire's capital, long as that lasted. He died there.

If the Elders don't accept this and say it's "non scriptural". Refer them to Ezra chapters 7 and 8. Ezra leaves Babylon with local inhabitants during the reign of Artaxerxes...(8:1).

They did not report wearing hazmat gear.

My inference is that history should not be turned upside down on account of Jeremiah. Especially, considering what he writes in chapter 8 verse 8, I would be more inclined to "trust, but verify".

• Pterist
    Pterist

Kepler *** Babylon is NOT destroyed.***

Babylon may not have been destroyed as some expected, it lost its power, and it does NOT negate the fact that the 70 years were for Babylon to rule ALL the surrounding nations including Jerusalem. It did not have that power post 539 BC.

When the land of Canaan was conquered by Israel, they still have foot holds! so the wild animals were kept at bay. They were wiped out gradually.

Thanks for your reply.

• kepler
    kepler

Pterist,

Reading what you said 3 or 4 times, I don't think I understood a word of it.

Thank you for your reply as well.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He gave a speech about how my eternal salvation depends on my attitude toward the governing body.

Then he talked about the 'slave class' giving food at the propper time.

Two points to make when he next says that.

1 - Where does the Bible say salvation is dependant on the attitude to the Governing Body? Neither the term, or the concept of a small, all powerful governing body appears in the Bible. Rather, salvation is dependant on the attitude towards Jesus.

Acts 4:12 "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."
    2 - If the Watchtower is wrong about 607, then the Watchtower leaders cannot be the slave, since they are not giving the right food at the right time. Of course, those sort of comments need to be made carefully if you wish to avoid being disfellowshipped.
  • Pterist
    Pterist

Kepler ***** Jeremiah 25:13 is a failed prophecy ( make it desolate forever)*****

---------

Sorry, you are correct it's not well worded. I'm trying to compare the fall of Babylon to the fall of Caanan. The book of Judges shows that the conquest of the land of Canaan in the book of Joshua was NOT as triumphal as reported.

Apparently Exodus 23 explains this ......as follows

Verse 28 mentions that God will drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite. Yet, the verse does not mention the other 3 nations mentioned in Verse 23.

(The Amorites, the Perizzites and the Jebusites). Why is that? I couldn’t find any commentary on this point. Reading this verse in context of the most likely answer is the next verse, which is that God works a "little at a time". 23:29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate, and the wild animals multiply against you. 23:30 Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you become fruitful and inherit the land.

--------

I do not agree that Jeremiah 25:12-13 is a failed prophesy. I used the comparison to Canaan to show we may not have the complete picture.However it clearly shows That the 70 years is for the Babylon power.

Shalom my friend

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing you have to always keep in mind Biometrics is that JWS are indoctrinated with information

by the WTS. own calculating and deceiving executive marketing editors. Today they are called the GB members.

They are not even encouraged or persuaded to re-check anything what mother (WTS.) puts on the end of spoon.

Thats why when you pose these questions to JWS such as 1914 they automatically repel any oppositional information.

They are being intensionally brainwashed to think that god is being channeled directly to and through the Watchtower Corporation.

And if they don't reiterate exactly how and what the WTS says, they are being potentially spiritually weakened by Satan's earthly forces.

Thats why JWS will quickly respond in the manner of the way this elder did toward you.

He gave a speech about how my eternal salvation depends on my attitude toward the governing body.

Stealth information control is how the WTS operates, go outside their own information and you are headed for trouble , by their own words.

By the way, by using the bible one can calculate approximately to the year 605 BCE. when the captivity to Babylon started and

continued sporadically up until the finally siege of Jerusalem and destruction of the Temple in 586 BCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit