Are Sasquatches our resident population of Homo?

by sabastious 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

sabastious:

Since Native Americans have reported this creature (and this was long before the era of hoaxes), I am inclined to believe something existed and possibly a remnant population might still be around. Might.

I have watched those bigfoot shows and after a half hour I change the channel. They may be entertaining for a while with people listening to yells and whoops in the night-time, but I lose interest.

I want to see real physical proof, like a body, not blurry pictures or videos taken from a distance. As far as I am concerned, until that happens, I will be a doubter. This thing must be awfully smart to keep its physical presence hidden in an increasingly populated world.

• sabastious
    sabastious

LongHairGirl, it's totally understandable that you require physical proof and I think we are in the process of getting that. In the video in the OP they say that our species is a "minimum distance" species which is why we progressed toward civilization. They, within the theory, are a maximum distance species of Homo which means they not only stay away from us, but from their own kind as well. This would mean that there are VERY few of them which could explain the lack of physical evidence. Also if they are intelligent like us at all, they are going to care about each other even though they keep maximum distance.

There is something called the Great Leap Forward in the fossil record. This depicts when Homo started to show evidence of knowledge of their own mortality by presenting gifts to their dead at grave sites. Once we become aware of death, we then try to escape it. It's a tragedy really, but we push through it anyway. If this species of Homo exists that we call "Sasquatch" then it's plausible to assume they might be HIDING the physical evidence FROM us. They could even have awareness that IF they were found out by us it would probably be the end of their species. This would be the case in ancient history much more so than modern history. Today we have evolved to the point where we have empathy of animals and plants. The "hunters" in our society historically would want Sasquatch heads on their mantle places. To survive WITH us they might have had to develop intelligence in order to hide from us. We develop intelligence to conquer other species, they have strong incentive to hide from the conquerors.

If you take a look at all the eye witness testimonies, including native american testimonies, you see a species that is only interested in frightening us away, never hurting us. Because logically if they did hurt us, that would be the end of them because we have the superior brains if we have the proper motivation. These are just my thoughts on the matter.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Long and short, no real evidence, lots of hypothesis, no single, testable hypothesis that makes sense.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well.... I don't know. I grew up in the woods and I can tell you that the more time you spend out there the more you blend in, the more in tune you become. You see things and smell things and sense things that a city slicker does not. When I was in my teens I saw a large foot print about two miles from my home. I was always in the woods, sometimes at night for fun. So this area where I saw the foot print was along a game trail that ran through the woods and crossed a creek into a bean field. Any animal or human had two choices, follow the creek around or cross over the field and back into the cover. What was also interesting was the placement of the foot print. It was exactly in the center of the creek which was frozen at the time. The creek was about 12-15 foot wide at this point and more shallow. It was the best place to cross as the ice was sure to be frozen, which is why all the animals used it. Once crossing the ice you had to climb a 5 foot bank to the field. I have long legs and covered the area in about 5 or 6 normal steps and 3 looong steps. When I saw the print, I immediately though " foot print " not if I use my imagination it COULD BE A FOOT PRINT. I wear a size 10 boot, and the foot print was slightly bigger. As mentioned it was dead center of the creek, so I could imagine whatever made the print ( it that is what it was ) stood at the south bank and took 1 step to the center and the next step hit the dirt bank. Being a good distance from home I was a little concerned, but not too scared. I certainly didn't feel like I was being watched, and the print had frozen in the slush from the day before so I figured it was gone, whatever it was. So that's what I saw. I have no reason to lie.

I know there has not been any verified evidence found. I will say this, in the city where I live the poulation is about 500,00. Around 5 or 6 years ago a cougar was killed on a major interstate. It was right in the middle of the city, using ditches and drainage areas to move around without being seen. Also to the north of me there are verified cougar sightings. What is interesting is that for years the Conservation Dept. denied the existence of cougars. Black bears too for that matter. Large animals can hide quite easily when they need too. I know of a spot in the city, right in a suburb where 30-50 deer regularly hide. If they don't want to be seen you won't see them. I can't say that out in a National Forrest of a millions of acres there isn't a primate hiding. I have been in areas where you literally cannot see more than 20' into the woods. Traveling through those areas is hellish and I love the woods. If there was an 800 pound Grizzly bear 25 feet away, you COULD NOT SEE IT. So I can't say that there isn't something out there, there are still some wild places. Just for something to think about, the Congo swamp is about the size of Florida, and only about 10% has been explored to this day. Who knows what is out there.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Being the supposed size of this creature it would mostly have been discovered by now

Exactly. But chupacabras, on the other hand- they're real.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Don't forget Moth-man...

• elderelite
    elderelite

dat dog, i would counter by saying that although it wasnt believed that courgars inhabited your city in particular, the fact that courgars exsist and are real is without question. to suggest that a much smaller animal like a courgar could not escape detection in the wild but a huge primate can stretches the bounds of imagination.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I get what you are saying. I just know what I saw. I have no real explanation. We KNOW bears and cougars are real, so even though it is crazy that they can hide in plain sight, it DOES NOT prove the existence of a North American primate. I personally won't believe it until I pet one. If I had the money I would go into the Oregon national Park for 6-moths to a year. If you can't find something by then, it aint there. Still dont forget that the Sasquatch can de-materialize at will. Also it doesn't like white people. Since I have Cherokee heritage i can see one provided I smoke enough peyote before venturing into the woods.

• flipper
    flipper

I'm not going to get into any long involved debates about it , however my son and I have photographed Bigfoot prints, we've both heard the roars, felt the earth shake from 60 feet away when it walked , and my son saw it through some pine trees back in 2008 but we couldn't get a good photograph as it was behind the trees. There are lots of books by legitimate anthropologists discussing this in very scientific detail. My son and I have been amature Bigfoot researchers since 2008 . Some books that you may want to read are : " Sasquatch - Legend Meets Science " by Jeff Meldrum a professor of anatomy and anthroplogy at Idaho State University. He has a B.S. and M.S. in zoology , emphasizing on physical anthroplogy from the State University of New York. It's a very fascinating book which deals with the Patterson film being broken down and analyzed by expert scientists regarding locomotion , and analyzing every aspect of the film. ( Many scientists are saying the film is authentic and could not be reproduced by a human type gait - and in the film you see upper leg muscles moving under the fur. )

Another book which has very credible eyewitnesses is written by ex-policeman investigator David Paulides called " The Hoopa Project " which describes actual eyewitness testimony over a period of about 40 years in and around the Hoopa Indian reservation in Northern California of sightings, vocalizations, and footprints in dealing with Sasquatch . The pictures and names of these eyewitnesses are all in the book as they signed an affidavit affirming their testimony's in order to be in the book.

There is a lot more to this than people realize. Their have been thousands of experiences of sightings, but people get reticent at reporting these because of fear of ridicule and scorn. And we have to blame for that the number of hoaxsters who try to ruin serious research being done on it by reputable scientists - as they turn the search for Bigfoot into a joke by their dishonesty and desire for attention and sick publicity.

Serious scientific research IS being done on hair samples, DNA samples from skin acquired , scat samples, casts of footprints, etc. that scientists are observing in private laboratories and waiting for conclusive research to be done behind the scenes. The reason for secrecy is that you can't expect the American public to accept anything credible as evidence until thorough testing, research, and scientific proof has been demonstrated. And that takes time . The last several years has been an exciting time for many researchers into this field.

After my son and my experiences with this creature, my theory is that it's a primitive type of human, perhaps Neanderthal type of species that migrated from the Himalaya mountains down through Alaska into Canada spreading into the United States. It's intelligent, basically not violent and would rather avoid human contact to protect it's own kind. There are websites you can check such as BFRO.com and other free sites which have firsthand accounts in detail by credible eyewitnesses to these interactions with Sasquatch.

As a courtesy I will post a picture of one of the footprints my son and I have taken pictures of in the last 5 years :

• elderelite
    elderelite

Actually flipper i wish you would get into the debate! You have first hand info to share... I have no objection to consoderation of the subject, but absent evidance (of the sort you have) its all theoretical. Im not one to mock legitmate discussion and am certainly interested... I would love it to be true .... It would be exciting as hell...but as noted there are serious questions. How to you view the whole diet and civilazation aspects and how do you think have they been able to hide?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit