Are Sasquatches our resident population of Homo?

by sabastious 35 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, I persoanlly haven't seen any solid evidence they exist, but it is possible they are an extant and as yet undiscovered great ape, as we are. However, without any evidence, it is impossible to say more.

If it was a great ape, isn't it extremely odd that we haven't found a single bone to examine? That seems to be the largest inconsistency in all this Sasquatch stuff, no DNA (at least I don't think). Could this be explained by their level of intelligence? If they are indeed another version of us their intelligence and it's capabilties would be a mystery to us, but we'd expect it to be very developed this late in the game. If there were very few in number and they buried their dead, maybe that explains why we don't have any bones? This is an exciting mystery to me. I have watched a lot of the Finding Bigfoot episodes. I like how they have the skeptic because if they didn't have her on the team it would look even more silly than it already does. She keeps them grounded. However, they have had some interesting encounters going out in the woods around North America. It does seem plausible that there is another species of human in our woodland areas. I think that the score needs to be settled once and for all. WHAT IS BIGFOOT?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It is part of a strange industry that turns malarkey in money. Ghosthunters, UFO's, paranormal activity, etc. harmless I guess and some folks get into it.

This is definitely plausible. However the bigfoot industry might be about to get a tad bigger.

-Sab

• elderelite
    elderelite

I find interesting the concept that somehow humans today are ill equiped for survival. That flies in the face of the fact that...well... we DO survive. Every day. To seperate "the wild" from "civilazation" is deny reality. The world simply "is". There is no "wild" or "civilization" distinction. As humans we are so damn successful we alter the world around us to suit our needs. Its simply ludicrus to say we arnt equiped to survive when are so good at it we are overpopulating the earth.

and the sasquatch thing is not very likly. We arnt discovering new speciecs of apes on the North american contient or any other large animal. Insects, certainly. But something as large as a sasquatch is an Apex creature. It defies commons sense and logic to think it could hide out in the world we live in, as throughly explored and traveld as North America is.....

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If I'm not mistaken, don't many cultures around the world have myths about hairy ape-like beings in their midst. I find this very interesting. I have a hypothesis---just a fun thought really, nothing I can test.

okay, okay, okay----

There has been a long line of Homo that came before us. And some of them lived at the same time. Neanderthal overlapped us by many years, and there is evidence that we even interbred. The degree of language etc. that earler Homo's had is hard to determine, but there is much evidence of culture. Could this simply be an extremely old story within our species that has a seed in earlier species being aware of other Homos? Passed down over the ages, it would have changed, but it seems to be here to stay---for a while at least. Just a thought. Fun to think about. Would make an interesting story.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I find interesting the concept that somehow humans today are ill equiped for survival.

People that say that are not taking into account culture. Culture is what made us successful in many ways. We don't need a lot of body hair, because we are able to build shelter, fires, and wear animal skins. We don't necessarily need a lot of strength, because we are able to devise tools that give us more power. This was a huge advantage. Most living animals (except, I think, hyenas) don't have the jaw strength to crack big bones and get a large source of marrow, which is full of energy. Humans simply devised tools that allowed them to get at the marrow. Culture has directed the course of evolution. If an animal had a small or weak jaw, it was unlikely to pass that on to offspring because it would not get enough food. Humans just cut things up and pulverize them.

We are exceedingly capable of surviving----put us in the pure 'wild' and we will alter our environment to make it livable. Most animals can't do this, but some like to call this our weakness rather than our biggest strength.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I agree it's odd they haven't found bones or scat that would give some pointers toward sasquatch.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sasquatches don't exist because no viable physical evidence has been discovered.

Being the supposed size of this creature it would mostly have been discovered by now, particularly in the regions

where they have supposedly been spotted.

This not a creature that might be living in the deepest depths of the oceans.

Simple biology says they don't exist.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

No....

Social: There are too many isues, like humans they would have to be in large numbers in community like settings to survive. We would find them!

Anatomy: To walk upright in such a manner, they would have difficult birthing, (due to a large head and reduced pelvic ring). Survival numbers would be low and therefore again you need large numbers for viable prolonged survivial. 1400 mothers die every day (under reported) giving birth around the world and the risk is 20 times higher in developing countries where birth is still not hospitalised at all or to the same standard. To walk uprigjt, you have to reduce the pelvic ring size, this comes at huge costs as heads have gotten larger alongside the brain, birthing becomes very dangerous.

History: they ate always described as big animals, to be so big they would require a massive intake of vegetation or quite a bit of meat. The most efficient means to eat meat is cooking, we traded a loss of enzymes for a frying pan. Assuming they are not having bigfoot BBQ's... If they ate raw meat, they would have to eat quite a bit. To do so efficiently they need to have tools, weapons for hunting etc. Alternatively, they would have to be very fast and agile and would likely not have a fur coat. The descriptions of these animals is certainly not conducive to a fast, agile, carnivore predator. Been as we dont hear of them carrying spears,bows or lightsabers... What and how would they eat sufficiently?

These are very random, rudimentary thoughts that come to mind.... It seems totally unlikely, not to mention we have no evidence of them existing, at all.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If it was a great ape, isn't it extremely odd that we haven't found a single bone to examine?

It is very odd that we have no found a bone, a tooth, fur, scat, a sleeping nest, one has not been shot by a hunter or been able to capture real video.

Supposedly they are extremely intelligent, that would be hard to achieve on a mainly raw diet in the wild. The advent of cooking allowed the creatures that would eventually turn into modern humans to extract more calories from our food that other apes, as a result, we can power much bigger brains.

Sasquatch....where are their camps, their fires? Signs of their hunting or harvesting? How are they powering those large and clever brains?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The PG film looked fake to me when I first saw that footage years ago, it still looks fake to me now. It's a guy in a suit, watch the ass cheeks, they dont move with the legs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit