Jehovah's Witnesses DO NOT break up families

by irondork 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chapstick
    chapstick

You're so right irondork they never initiate the breakups. They just make things so miserable for normal people that the destruction of the family is a small price to pay for peace and realism...

chapstick

• moshe
    moshe

wha happened, did you miss that class in the art of sarcascm in school?

• flipper
    flipper

IRONDORK- I've had two JW daughters in their mid 20's who have shunned me for 9 years now . Was I a bad father ? No. Did I take them clothes shopping a lot when they were teenagers ? Yes. Take them on camping trips with their then JW boyfriends ? Yes. Did they ONLY start shunning me once I stopped attending meetings ? Yes. Did I get to walk my JW daughters down the aisle at their weddings after I stopped attending meetings in an inactive state ? No. I wasn't allowed to by the JW's involved , both families. Had to sit there and be respectful and not make a scene for dignity's sake of the " happy " moment. So, yes I for one am VERY insulted by this thread. This is a serious issue not to be made light of , especially for newly exiting JW's.

Sarcastic humor or not- it doesn't matter- you show a gross lack of sensitivity as one poster mentioned towards the deep pain that many of us have gone through ( including yourself I guess ) by making light of the situation through use of sarcastic humor. And if THAT is not enough you put people down on the thread who do NOT get your twisted sense of " trying to teach us a lesson " . Are you trying to be some half-assed guru " testing " us to see our IQ ? All you are showing is you deeply lack a " sensitivity chip " inside yourself and perhaps are one brick short of a load in the mentally adept department yourself. Message to Irondork : Pull your freaking brain out of neutral before typing a thread like this that DOES insult newbies and everyone here who has been shunned from JW families or former friends. Start using your freedom of mind that you gained after exiting the Witnesses for a good effect, not an insulting negative effect

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

another victim here, first wife walked, was I drunken abusive, adulterer? nope my crime? questioning WT doctrine with her, thank God we never had kids, all my immediate family followed suit.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

My Mom broke up our family by becomming a Jehovah's witness. My Dad didn't...I didn't....we loved my Mom. But she took this religion "hook, line, and sinker" to the max. We were an inconvience to her because we didn't go along with her and her NEW family.

• irondork
    irondork

FLIPPER - I've had six immediate family members of all ages shun me off and on for over 25 years. Was I a bad son or brother? No. Did I do all the nice things sons and brothers do. Yes! Did I go on camping trips with them? Yes! Did they only start shunning me after they found out I was gay and got disfellowshipped? Yes!

Suffice it to say I could match your sad saga detail for detail. What's worse, because they had me convinced God really does 'hate fags', I internalized it all and believed I WAS THE ONE WHO BROKE UP THE FAMILY!

You're very insulted by this thread? Oh... BOO HOO! Suck it up! I have been just as trampled by the Jehovah's Witnesses as anybody else on this forum and I come here with just as many problems, complaints, frailties, insecurities and I express them in WHATEVER MANNER I CHOOSE!

I have some recommended reading for you Flipper: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/announcements/239533/1/A-reminder-about-how-discussion-forums-work

One thing I don't have the stomach for is the constant back and forth bickering, juvenile, cry-baby, "he hurt my feelings" crap that far too often defines this forum. So with this post, I am finished with this conversation. You Flippers, et al. can kiss my ass. My character is on the table in this thread for you to dissect and destroy all you want. Wallow in your manure.

• flipper
    flipper

IRONDORK- I guess your response to my very reasonable post explains everything people need to know about you. Yeah it is a discussion forum, what did you expect ? This is what you're getting. You lay the gauntlet down , I have freedom of speech and reply back with my take. So I guess it's alright for you to insult by name some of the posters on the first page saying they are stupid and unintelligent and didn't give you the answer you wanted, but when your tactics are questioned you come unglued. If you're on a drinking binge or something- might be time to take a break. I for one don't give a damn how you view me because you've shown you hypocritically demand of others what you don't have inside yourself : intelligence

• lohengren
    lohengren

Sarcasm how does it work?

• Fernando
    Fernando

For those not yet aware, you can check a poster's profile and orientation by clicking on their name and then "Topics Started".

irondork is playing "devil's advocate" which can sometimes be very effective at getting past cult induced "thought stopping"...

• Sulla
    Sulla

Best rule for guys like Irondork is to simply assume everyone here is a model. So speak the way you would speak to Zoolander, ok? Would you use sarcasm with Zoolander? Do you think he would understand it? What about a literary reference? No? No, you wouldn't. JWN is a sarcasm-free, subtlety-free zone. Let's all try to keep that in mind, mkay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit