So, how do you pamper yourself when you're poorly?

by Lozhasleft 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

FHN - all things are possible girlie. Laptop will double up in this scenario, lol. I have a tiny bath, it's not welcoming to be honest, so I passed.

Loz x

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have two bathrooms and both the tubs are normal sized. If I owned this place, I'd put a huge tub into my big, main bathroom. My master bath is too small. My bedroom is my haven and sanctuary. But, that may change now that Julian has gone back to live with his mom. Now my whole apartment can be a haven.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Some years ago my dear little brother helped me renovate my bathroom, adding a lovely jet tub. I think of him each time I use it.

But when I'm sick I usually don't even have the energy to drag myself into the tub. I usually just wrap myself in my quilt and stay in bed. The hot toddies help. I read or watch TV, but mostly I sleep. I've always believed the most effective treatment for illness and the way I pamper myself is to sleep as much as possible until I feel better again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It depends on what is wrong with me, whether I want a soak in the tub. I used to get kidney stones. The first thing I'd do is crawl to the bathroom, wash out the tub and then take a hot bath. If something is making me feel very weak though, like the flu, I will pass the bath until I regain enough strength.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh and mchan, that is some nice little brother of yours.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I like to take to my bed and watch one of my poorly films:

Little women

Planes trains and automobiles

Or the Seinfeld boxset

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby likes Pho soup when he's feeling poorly. I don't get sick often so when I do I just want to sleep.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Pho soup is good for what ails you.

When I used to live in San Diego there was a Chinese restaurant run by a Korean family out by Mission Bay Park. If you said you had a cold, they would fix a killer bowl of hot soup with lots of chilies in it and all kinds of other things including octopus. One bowl of that soup and I was a new person. I think those little hot chilies kill the cold virus.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lots of soup remedies then! Ms Mouse I like the old Victorian idea of a lady 'taking to her bed' lol. It's quite decadent as long as you're not too sick, then of course you just want to be well and out of it! I'm currently on the hot drinks and painkillers here now at 4am. Yuk.

Loz x

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Hope you're feeling better soon Loz. I like to wrap up in a cozy quilt, curl up on the couch with a hot cup of herbal tea and throw in a DVD and just veg out. Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit