So, how do you pamper yourself when you're poorly?

by Lozhasleft 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've got a throat infection. I came home today and went for broke. On my lovely king size bed with: cushions, cosy blanky, Ipad, Kindle, tv remote, candles, hot toddy, phone, and lots of wallowing self pity. I try to make it an enjoyable pamper these days, after years of having to just battle on. Ooh and comfort foods if I can manage them....

What about you?

Loz x

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I usually just buy a lot of won ton soup with chili sauce and sit on the couch watching daytime TV

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Same here. Won ton or egg drop soup.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wait, did I just agree with u BCS?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I prefer a firm yet gentle two-handed approach... but it always requires very long strokes, if you catch my meaning... sometimes hand lotion is usefu...

Oh, wait; you mean when you're sick!

Uh... yeah, same as you...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Don't think I've ever experienced Won Ton soup? Chinese?

Loz c

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Pretty well word for word the same as you, Loz.

Add in a scattering of old films and books and plenty of cups of tea and you have my perfect environment for suffering in luxury!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I will fit the cuppas in between the hot toddies Chariklo. Lol.

Loz x

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I do like the tea as well. Anything brothy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love all the things you mentioned. I don't have everything to duplicate them, but I could be close.

One thing I wish I had was a very large, deep bathtub, the kind with some jets. I'd bring in some candles, the hot toddy, some mood music and incense and take a nice, relaxing bubble bath, then do the bed thing. I have a queensize and a TV and music and phone, the candles, but no Ipad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit