Announcement at Kingdomhall about FDS being only the Governing Body

by EndofMysteries 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

Fishy? It's being talked about. I swear you guys are just looking to be contrary. My best friend called me and told me they talked about it. AFTER I had given him the heads up about it, so when he heard the bethel heavy talking about it at the CA he paid attention.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My meeting is Thursday, my family's is Wednesday. I will record anything important in the announcements.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It doesn't sound fishy, it's perfectly plausible; but it just isn't really "how it's supposed to happen." It sounds like some rogue CO or DO or COBE shooting their mouth off before they should.

Very possibly it's just a matter of of "dissonance reduction": you've been taught all your life that this FDS has been around since the first century, and all of a sudden NOPE! "We're the FDS and we just got this thing going around 1919" ==> arouses dissonance ==> dissonance reduced by telling others about it, putting your belief system on the line "Yes, I believe this and I can prove I believe it by making my behavior consonant with the belief, i.e. telling others"

• Room 215
    Room 215

This claim of theirs (the 1919 "appointment") is utterly undeserving of being taken seriously

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, sounds like some wannabe-hotshot was bragging about his holy privilege of being invited to sit among the elite at the AGM, and couldn't resist dropping that little nugget.

It will make him the darling of the middle-aged pioneer lady car groups for the next month or so.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

I think the word is out among the rank and file. I called my mother to spring the news on her and she had already heard about it at the hall. Generally my mother is pretty out to lunch about WT doctrinal teachings, especially new ones, so if she knew, it must have circulated. I did leave her with one question to ponder. I asked her if there where any biblical examples of actual servants of God who where divinely appointed, and then took the next 93 years to get it straight in their heads about the identity of their own appointment.

FWFranz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it's really being talked about, then I guess I have to say that E.O.M. is the boy who cries "Wolf." Why would I believe him again?

• OnTheWayOut
  • james_woods
    james_woods
    This claim of theirs (the 1919 "appointment") is utterly undeserving of being taken seriously

God also selected the Chevrolet Corvette as the finest American sportscar of all time in 1919.

Someone rudely complained that there was no Chevrolet Corvette in 1919.

Someone else pointed out (correctly) that there was no JW Governing Body in 1919.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit