I didn't take your advice and this is the result...

by MsGrowingGirl20 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Report? Just give him a 'fake' hour. He cares more about the reports than peoples needs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are still using the same lines they did 20 yrs ago.

If you don't feel like submiting to mental a buse, avoid the meeting w the elder. Make up a fitting excuse: sickness, busy, arranging sock drawer...

S

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Well i couldn't avoid him. He jokingly asked if i don't like them again and if i want them to cry for me to come back. I told him that i can't meet with them soon because i'm busy. He told me to read Daniel 12:5 and let him know when i'm ready.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I told him that i can't meet with them soon because i'm busy.'

That works good. Like that you can keep him at bay for yrs.

S

• Aware!
    Aware!

@MsGrowingGirl20

I want to do the same thing as you, but my friend whom I care a lot about only has internet on her phone. I really appreciate/like her and will be sad if I don't wake her up in time [before I either fade, get caught, or DA myself] and she has to shun me.

King Solomon said:

I consider helping other here as a public service, helping young ones escape a time-sucking and energy-sapping cult that took my family).

And thank you! You were VERY instrumental (and many other posters here) in my awakening and I thank you a lot.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

@ Aware...it seems as though we can't wake up persons. It has to happen in their time. Don't make the same mistake i made.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

he just showed up unannounced?

that's not cultish at all...

sorry you have to go through all this. it's hard breaking dubbies out of their stupor. people will wake up only when their mind/body tells them that they need to. i don't think it's something you can really force on them.

it took a lot for us to get involved. either we're born in, or we experienced something big/bad enough in our lives that we reach out for something, anything, to comfort us. i've yet to hear about a jw who became a jw as an adult just because.

if it takes all of that to suck us in, it's going to take a lot to pull someone out

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

MsGrowingGirl, they tried to cry me back into their religion. They cried, begged and pleaded. Once you establish a life outside of the religion, it all seems like a bunch of nonsense.

I wish you the best in your journey and the bumps you'll hit along the way. For what its worth, real life is so much better.

Shop

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Thank you shopaholic.

@ rather be in hades....true.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " I ask myself sometimes," What if they're right and i am killed at Armageddon even though i'm not doing anything wrong." But i guess i can live with that possibility. It will take time...." MsGrowingGirl, page 1

Check out this link. You'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the Jehovah's Witnesses - er, Watchtower Society's false prophecies, but it's well worth a read:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

You'll note that the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the ONLY ones, setting false dates for "the end of the world". It's a common tactic used by most high-control groups.

About feeling

" I told her that when i don't go to meetings i feel as though my life has no purpose. This is how i truly feel at times...." MsGrowingGirl, same post

Try checking out other churches. I would personally recommend the Unitarian Universalist churches; they are VERY laid-back and flexible. Christians, pagans, and atheists alike are welcome at their services - and after all, isn't that a way to show "christian" love??

Hope this helps...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit