How many of you have lost your faith on JWN

by Most Noble 58 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

The formula I used to discard WT it's the same I used to discard any other kind of system of faith. No faith stands against logic and reason. And the reality it's better understood through reason and not faith.

The loss of faith it's a gain. (what a bumper phrase!)

• cantleave
    cantleave

I came to this site a believer in God, but aware of the Watchtower's deception. Whilst here I questioned everything and came tol to the only logical conclusion that I could; All gods and all religions are constructs of the human mind.

Honor is not the word I would use, liberating is.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even if the OP is a Troll it is still a good question.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I agree "canttleave" I was thinking the same thing, it has stirred interest and that is what it is all about, right?

Mouthy, I'm sending clean rocks, but i'm making sure that they do not have sharp edges.

I think that we all admit that some have lost their "faith" in a creator and some have had their "faith" strengthened from being here.

I think that the bigger question is "Why?" ,... why have some lost belief and some have not? We all see the same informationm same post, albeit I think that we all tend to suffer from "confirmation bias" where we click on threads that tend to support our current beleifs as it makes us feel good all over. Google confirmation bias for those that are not familiar with it. (ahhh, I bet some of you are not even comfortable doing that as you feel that it might open you to change, I get it)

I believe that some believers like the "warm fuzzy feeling and comfort of believing that they are being protected from things that might harm them" and possibly some see the details of something like the "eye" and automatically shutdown any thoughts toward a creator not existing.

I think it has something to do with our comfort level of being able to examine and digest the evidence.

NJY

• caliber
    caliber

If we announce that someone is a troll , is it not the same as saying don't put "faith" ,"confidence' or " trust" in him ?

Or do we have" faith" that the other respected posters that we 'have faith in" know the "logical facts' about such a one ?

Atheists are used to having the English language stacked against us, defining us by what we are NOT (NOT a theist); 'losing ones faith' is simply another manifestation of that phenomena, when the reality is we are gaining rationality and independent thought. ~~~King Soloman

One poster said" it is not loss of faith but loss of ignorance."... I contend that we all at times put faith in things without absolute confirmation

Doubt and reason must be balanced in order for life to be pleasant and enjoyble IMO

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.

Buddha quotes

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've lost my faith in a man made organisation. I have not lost my faith in God and my faith in Jesus Christ is stronger than before.

• cofty
    cofty

I can respect the position of somebody who still holds faith in a god, but anybody who still believes in an inerrant bible, creationism or a global flood is just not paying attention.

• caliber
    caliber

Just as phobia differs from legitimate fear...

I believe delusions differ from legitimate faith

Is faith a noble quality build into man or merely a quirk to be overcome ?

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I was out for four years and htinking of going back when I decided to do some research. Initially I wanted to find information on getting reinstated and the steps involved. The more I read on this forum the more I realized that the WTBTS is a sham and I am not obligated to feel guilt or shame over how I live my life. I lost the need to go back to the JWs because of this site. Thank you everyone for posting and helping me to truly break free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit