How many of you have lost your faith on JWN

by Most Noble 58 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glander ,Drivers seat mate!!!!HE sits beside me... I talk to him all the time
    No !!!Not dillusional...Thanks for the rock,,,,

• steve2
    steve2
    I don't think the term "lose your faith" is degrading.

Hey there Christ Alone! Um, do I need to point out the adjective "degrading" is yours not mine. I never used that word at all. I simply noted the phrase "lose you faith' implies something negative has happened. In my opinion upon looking at the way people with faith talk about people who lose faith they often do in fact impute something negative has happened - especially if its about a faith they still subscribe to.

However, if someone did have faith before, and now they don't, then they lost it.

You don't say! I'm still reeling with shock. Not.

The phrase "losing one's faith" is simply that - a phrase and it's only a figure or habit of speech - it is not a factual descriptive statement of a literal faith being lost - like Mary's little lamb; it's still "there" but the individual no longer subscribes to it. It is also a purely perspectival statement (i.e., based on the individual's perspective). One person's loss is another's gain. Okay?

Similarly, if I concluded that not having a faith was like "recovery from an illness", I would not advance it as a universally accepted fact - but more like a figure of speech that captures my perspective. You cannot say, "No, no, no, Steve, you are wrong; you have in fact lost your faith."

I'll try to not impose my perspectival figure of speeches about faith on you - and would hope you would have the courtesy to do the same to me, although I could be tempted to use the phrase "losing one's faith" in the following sense:

"Hey, I am now educated so have lost my ignorance".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Coming to a state of clear thinking and non-delusion is very far from a LOSS .

The LOSS that I feel are all the years I sacrificed to this delusional hope for the future.

Now that I've learned TTATT there is the risk of losing many family members and many (real) friends (most JW friends were superficial and conditional).

Doc

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

it was no great loss, in fact is was a great releif.

now I just have to deal with being surrounded by brain washed JW's all the time

• ziddina
    ziddina

Actually, I pretty much never had it.

When an elder in the congregation read Exodus 19: 16-19 from the podium, when I was around 7 - 8 years old, and I realized that it was a decent description of an erupting volcano, but that NEITHER the Israelites NOR THEIR GOD knew what it was...

Well, that was the end of any "faith" that I had, though I had to put on a superficial appearance for the rest of my childhood to avoid being hit, kicked and slapped, and into my adulthood as a result of such physical and also psychological bullying.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Happening now...

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Didn't lose faith on here. I was already out and deprogrammed by just stepping back and scrutinizing everything ever taught me. However, given that there are quite a few 'spiritual' thinking types on here who are believers, I have to say that I haven't been convinced to believe in a creator by their comments, either. I like to put faith in things that are tangible. I don't use faith for anything else.

JWN is a great resource for info to help others though, like family and friends still trapped in.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

JWN has not only helped me to be free of the JW nightmare I was in, but helped me to heal and find myself.

It has also played a major part in helping me to discover that my original faith in my own church was still there deep down.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Soooo, if a psychiatrist diagnoses someone with schizophrenia, is the doctor no better, and also schizophrenic?

Logical fallacy here? Anyone? Belief in God is compared to a physical chemical disease of the brain? As usual, your logic as awesome! I love that people are reading this stuff from you. I'm sure it generates alot of WTF smiles.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

I have lost faith in WTS but not in God! Its freedom of choice. I choose to believe! And I try to be reasonable and look at all humans as my fellow brothers.

Love from brother Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit