Welcome BB; the more, the merrier.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I'm looking forward to your posts.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome blackbird!

Also threatened that if they said my sons name in a 'local needs" part about defiant teenagers(he was only 13) that I would be contacting my attorney

That gets a big from me. Unfortunately you wont be able to stop them from gossiping about you and your family. But at least you put them on notice.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hello and welcome

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thank you for sharing your touching experience. Welcome to this wonderful forum.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jesus, we got newbies signing up an a daily basis, here.

Makes me wonder which community is growing faster, the faithful R&F, or the XJWs...

At this rate it's gonna be at least even-Steven before too long, if it isn't already.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome BBS!

I've been out for 8 years too. Still not long enough to deprogram, but doing pretty well. You're right about PTSD. I'm sure anyone who was in for decades has it.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I really screwed him up, raising him in that religion, biggest regret of my life

Blackbird - I hear you. I did the same to my children. They have all recovered, but the cult damage is pretty deeply rooted and things still come out years later. One of my daughters commented a few days ago that she still does not know how to relate normally to people because of JWs. I've encouraged her to seek counselling - build self-knowledge and self-esteem.

That said, though, try not to feel guilty. You did the right thing by getting your kids out, and you are doing your best for your son now. Great to have you joining in.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome Blackbird Singing, sounds like you stood up to the old WTBS. Well done.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit