What is your view of miracles

by FutureAndAHope 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

WIth in our denomination there are people that have raised the dead back to life again.

I think I'd need to see at least some independent evidence for that claim.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

"If you go over to the exjwforchrist board they hear from god all the time. He never says anything useful but he never shuts up."

"i experienced a miracle once. i was sleeping in my bed, when i suddenly started to hear voices. they sounded distant, like if they were outside the house. the voice said to me: "i will take this bicycle". then the voices faded. when i woke up the next day, i didn't understand the meaning of these words. but when i went out to look for my bike, it was gone! that's why the voice said "i will take this bicycle"."

And outlaws comment. Make me LOL. Sorry outlaw for what I said the other day it was not vary nice. My siser always tryed to put voices to are bad dogs. It is one of may resons why I hate most dogs, and the nodding reminds me of stupid fundemenilists ans JWs, completly ingnorint and arigent. I hope you did not take it personaly, I just was mad becouse all the shit that I was exposed to.

• FutureAndAHope
    FutureAndAHope

Cofty said "

Bullshit. When god heals an amputee come back and tell me about it."

There was a story out of mexico of a person who had their head amputated from a truck rolling over their head. The church prayed for hours and the persons head came back onto thier body and they came alive again. God's power is unlimited, we as people are limited in what we can achieve but God is limitless. The bible says Jesus holds all things together by his own power, if he holds even our very atoms together there is no reason why he can't do the miraculous.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well with the great weight of evidence presented like that then how can anyone do anthing other than BELIEVE everything you say? I mean come on, it's SO compelling!

OK, points to ponder:

Heads dont get amputated by trucks rolling over them, they get crushed, squished and broken. Heads get amputated by thin things slicing at the neck, or thicker things with tremendous weight rolling over the neck (not the head,...see above). A train wheel could do it.

So was this a truck over the head, or a slow moving train over the neck?

Why would the train have to moving slowly to amputate a head reasonably cleanly? Well above a certain speed the forward impact momentum of the train hitting the side of the neck would force the body FORWARD at the neck with the train briefly and cause the body to be flung backwards under the train and then that too would be mushed up and have severe crush and amputation injuries as well.

Also the train would have to moving slowly for similar reasons so the the head gently flopped down reasonably undamaged into the tracks under the train without violently being bounced around under the train for several hundred meters down the track and becomming a skinned ball of bloody mush hundreds of meters away from the also pulped mashed bloody body (see above).

The purpose here is to make you THINK. Ask questions, challenge, satisfy yourself that you aren't being duped. And when you repeat these things to your children, does it not bother you that it may be untrue? Or do you like being duped and lied to? Do you like lying to others and your loved ones?

• cofty
    cofty
    There was a story out of mexico of a person who had their head amputated from a truck rolling over their head. The church prayed for hours and the persons head came back onto thier body and they came alive again.

Yes and there are some slack-jawed yokels got beamed up to a spaceship and anally probed by aliens.

Did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary?

• mP
    mP

FutureAndHope

Why would Gd help you and ignore all those kids in starving Africa ? Is he blind or are you simply making stuff up ?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Don't discount their possibility but find David Hume's arguments against belief compelling.

• FutureAndAHope
    FutureAndAHope
    Why would Gd help you and ignoreall those kids in starving Africa ? Is he blind or are you simply making stuff up ?

If you spent the time to read my website you would see one of my topics is the sound Christian reasons to give to the poor. I have always given to the poor. And as for making stories up what do I have to gain from doing it, to be called crazy, that is what some people do, who wants to be seen as a loonatic, believe me I don't make up stories, I serve a real God. I know God. He is a good God. As for the poor, he does his best to motivate Christians to give to the poor. But it is the task of every one to do it. One day all poverty will be ended. But in this time we all have the chance to make a difference in our world.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

God's morality seems very odd indeed since he never performs any miracles to end the suffering of millions of innocent victims, including infants and children, who suffer terrible deprivation, malnutrition, starvation, die in wars, get atom bombs dropped on them, etc, and yet he is apparently doing all these interventions by performing miracles for other-wise healthy and well-off Christians like you.

If you were God and saw a young child slowly starving to death who prayed tearfully to you for food, and at the same time saw an overweight, rich American Pentecostal waiving his arms about praying to you to cure his bad back, who should you do a miraculous intervention for? Seems to me that God has his moral priorities a bit wrong.

• FutureAndAHope
    FutureAndAHope

Hi,

God is an eternal God, what we do in this life will effect our eternity. Even a person who dies of starvation has the ability to live eternally. God does not need to save people who are starving, as his long term plan already allows for it. He does not even need people to witness for him, as he has the ability to talk to people and give them the opportunity of eternal life. The question is will you live forever, or will you suffer eternally for wanting sin more than God. You can make your self blind to the truth by calling me a lier, what do you have to gain by your arguments, a life time of living how you want, ignoring God's message a part of which is to give to the poor. A thing you accuse the church of not doing, however most well known aid organisations were started by the church. The aid organisation that I give to is run by a church group. Atheism and sin have nothing to add to this world, no morals, no absolutes, no law to give, God at least has filled the bible with messages about giving to the poor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit