What is your view of miracles

by FutureAndAHope 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FutureAndAHope
    FutureAndAHope

Hi,

I am a born again Christian, not a Jehovah's witness. I have had many experiences with God, hearing God's voice, seeing minor miracles, have seen a woman healed instantly through prayer in Jesus name. What is your view on the miraculous. Do you believe God does miracles today, if so has he done any for you or people you know. I have included a minor miracle below for you to read about from my life.

One morning I got up and walked into the hall and I heard a voice that I believed was God say "How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley". The Valley was known as the rough end of town, and the voice scared me a little, I wondered if I had done something to offend God. I had planned to go down to the Valley to ask people out to church as was my habit at the time. In the end I went anyway regardless of the fear. I walked up to the first person I met and asked him if he would like to go out to church. He said to me "I am an atheist, I don't believe in God". I just said "fine", but hoped to change his mind. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt and showed me scar marks up and down his chest and stomach. He said to me, "I was attacked by a knife wielding man in the Valley some time ago and spent months recovering in hospital, How could God allow that to happen to me". Then I knew why God had said in the morning "How would I like to be stabbed?". God understood this man, but had a good plan for him. Some weeks latter this man came out to church and became a Christian.

Below is a link to my website that contains other examples of miracles so you can see what I am talking about http://www.futureandahope.net

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Really? ahem ahem (R******y)

• designs
    designs

O goody another Kristian out to convert...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

"How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley".

Gee that would be a painful place to be stabbed in- the valley! Almost as painful as being stabbed in the rotunda! ("I told him, Julie, don't go...")

http://archive.org/details/RinseTheBloodOffMyToga

hahahahaha.

• JWB
    JWB

At least some 'miracles' may simply be things that we don't as yet understand? Reminds me of the story of Jesus raising a child from 'death' by putting his mouth on the child's mouth. Maybe the 'miracle' was simply the use of first aid in resusitating an unconscious child.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I've always felt uncomfortable when someone has claimed that God did this or that for them - e.g. the engines on their 'plane cut out, but after praying they started again.

This begs the question, why didn't God answer the prayers of many other people in life-threatening situations? I think it's very misguided, as well as unscriptural, to attribute fortunate circumstances or happenstance to our Creator. He promises to to deal with all problems at the same time - not to give a select few charmed lives.

As for hearing voices with messages - Deuteronomy 18:10-12 warns about spiritism. 2 Corinthians 11:14 tells us that 'Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light'.

Can any human distinguish between a good spirit and an evil spirit? God does not (as far as I am aware) go beyond the things that are written, and audibly speak with certain humans - we have enough information in His written word to rely on.

• FutureAndAHope
    FutureAndAHope

The Search said " God does not (as far as I am aware) go beyond the things that are written, and audibly speak with certain humans" I would like to direct your attention to the following scripture from acts.

Act 11:28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.

God does indeed speak to people in the New Testament. He always has, there were many prophets in the bible who could be enquired of by kings etc. I am not saying I am a prophet but rather God still speaks to me from time to time. The bible also says:

Mar 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Miracles should be the normal thing for a Christia,n to not see them generally means the person is not dedicated to God, that the person does not spend enough effort to really know God.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

"I know the voices aren't real, but they have some good ideas."

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Why aren't miracles ever documented on video? Is God hiding?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Miracles should be the normal thing for a Christia,n to not see them generally means the person is not dedicated to God, that the person does not spend enough effort to really know God.

This is the kind of confusing nonsense that makes my blood boil. It's amazing that any parent would actually teach this nonsense to their kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit