My first own thread on here. Woken up and still in :(

by Gefangene 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

I have been around in this forum a lot but haven't written much yet.

Also I had a more or less rude awakening when I realized that the religion I grew up with, the religion I sacrificed a lot for and considered to be the 'truth' is nothing but mere BS. It's quite a brick to digest.

My parents both are JWs, elder and pioneer. Very good people but also very brainwashed. They are the reason I haven't jumped out of the closet. First of all not to destabilize my parents who both have been through suicidal stages and second to have some moderate influence in my congregation. I am so afraid to loose my family and more people I care for.

This is why I have chosen to stay undercover for now and am looking forward to getting to know all of you on here.

Some of you may know me from the yuku ex JW forum where my nick is 'stillajw'

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

welcome to the board. :)

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome, I look forward to your insights on meetings, CA's, SA's and DA's. I hope you share your observations on attitudes of those you meet who are still in the Org.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Welcome here!

-Yan

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, busy digesting that brick myself. Welcome!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'allo, 'allo, 'allo! 'Ow ya doing guv'nor.

Nice to see you here too me deary-o!

Where there's a will there's a way. You'll get to your destination in the end. That's a Punky promise!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to the board Gefangene ! ( I wonder where the name came from?)

I look forward to your further posts. I still attend,sometimes. It helps at home, but I never take part

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome from me too.

I just had the observation that you have mentioned yet another hard-working, faithful, pair of JWs who have issues with depression and thoughts of suicide:

First of all not to destabilize my parents who both have been through suicidal stages

Very sad - and they still cannot figure out that something is wrong in their lives.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Welcome

It seems as of late there's been a lot of new ones joining JWN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit