My first own thread on here. Woken up and still in :(

by Gefangene 39 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

welcome to the forum!

Since you are still inside, you have plenty of time to prepare your answers-questions for next years major new-light WT lesson about the "Faithful Slave is now the Governing Body"-- good luck on not getting sick from those WT studies at the KH

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Welcome!

"First of all not to destabilize my parents"

This is such an important point. There are many people in different religions who define themselves only by their religion and would have nothing without it. In a controlling cult like JWs this can be even worse.

It is always a balancing act when trying to explain to adherents where their religion is wrong or misguided - some people just could not accept that they had wasted their lives in something that was untrue. For some people, I suspect, it is kinder to gently steer towards making appropriate progress in the 'real world' and away from the worst effects of shunning, etc., and hope that the worst effects of the religion are minimised rather than present a life-shattering volte-face.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome! Though you are still "in" for now......remember....you can use that to your advantage (and those on this board). If you are willing....you can post cliffs notes versions of assemblies and conventions to let teh rest of us know what is going on from the platform. And you can still try to reach close friends of yours discreetly simply by asking them questions that will make them think.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, friend. You are in a position to quietly "help" others see the truth about the truth. We look forward to hearing more from you.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Welcome! You certainly are not alone as many here still attend to Varying degrees and for various reason :-)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome to the board!!

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

@Gefangene: I'm German as well. And no, I don't like Sauerkraut much, but it was the silliest name that I could think of when I registered and a hint to which country I live in. Nice to have you here.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Hi Gefangene, welcome to the forum. Also hello to you Sauerkraut. I also live in Germany (only half german though). Used to attend a spanish congo. I definitely understand about staying in for the parents, specially if they are old. I did not and now it is hard to even talk to my mother (she lives in south america) without her breaking down into a sea of tears. She is going to be 79 soon. So, it is definitely hard.

Regards,

Vivalavida

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Welcome! Thanks for posting, looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Winston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit