The Governing Body - their own worst enemy!

by cedars 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

The only question posed by a current BOE to a newly appointed man before the announcement of his appointment at the congregation meeting is:

"Is there anything going on in your life that would disqualify you as serving as an elder that the rest of the BOE could not know about?"

I highly doubt anyone has ever come right out at that point and said, "Well you know there is this one thing......."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    King Solomon - "Yeah, that's because the WTBTS hasn't increased their liability; they've actually decreased their risk exposure at the front end by requiring elders to notify them of suspected predators."

'Kay, I think I get it.

They're distancing themselves (legally) from individual congos and BOEs so if/when more shit hits the fan, they think they'll be futher removed from any pedo-related JC screwups, right?

If that's the case, I don't get something... how does that jive with the fact that they've already been "requiring elders to notify them of suspected predators"?

They allegedly have a database of names, dates, and locations, not to mention their passive and anonymous payphone "reporting" policy, the WTS's direct ownership of almost all the KHs, and the increased top-down emphasis on their own authority over all things WT/JW?

Do they think they can acquire more control whilst somehow bearing less accountability?

• Listener
    Listener

Here's a link to a discussion about the new light. It is lengthy but there is quite a bit of reasoning as to why the GB is bringing out this new light.

http://www.youtube.com/user/21crosscheck21

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

" Yeah, that's because the WTBTS HASN'T increased their liability; they've actually decreased their risk exposure at the front end by requiring elders to notify them of suspected "predators" (that should be obvious to anyone who knows even the basics of law who gets into the details of the policy)."

The safest legal advice to elders is: when someone brings an accusation, send them to the police, or call the police.

Period.

The process they describe entails using skills that elders don't have, and are not trained to have: dealing with the personalities of child molesters.

They are NOT TRAINED to do this, and usually know the perp, making their participation tainted by bias.

The October letter is a huge mistake.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Good work Cedars. Considering the ages of the new GB ( and when they started partaking) I still wonder about borderline mental illness "god directs/talks to me " beliefs. I think a shrink would enjoy interviewing these guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit