My Dad Said He Loved Me

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

He's said it before, but, it was different this time. His Dad just died and I know there are parts about me that are the exact replica of him and grandpa. Him and gramp had a falling out cause of the JW religion.

Anyways, I had the funny feeling that my dad has been looking at things differently lately, but, I know he won't say much cause he's in way too deep at this point.

He came up to me the other night, and said he really loved me. I looked at him funny, and, he said, "I don't think you understand how much I love you". At that moment I got what he meant. I said, "It's cause I'm just like you, and your just like Gramp". He said, "Yes", then cried and hugged and kissed me.

Nothing else really needed to be said. I now know my dad is proud of me because of the stand I have taken and he was asking for my forgiveness. We both got it. He knows how I feel and I know how he feels now. I have closure...

• Glander
    Glander

That is a wonderful development that you will keep with you always.

Happy for you.

• cognac
    cognac

Thank you. It's been about 5 years since he's known my stance. A very difficult road for me.

I got the feeling he's changed his viewpoint recently especially when he was encouraging my husband not to become an MS, but didn't want to read into it to much only to be disappointed...

• ammo
    ammo

Congrats, thats big deal!!

Ammo

x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Beautiful! It's a moment you'll be able to treasure for the rest of your life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's great.

We see JW's break through their cult training every now and again. Good for you.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Happy for you!!!

• free @ last
    free @ last

Beautiful. I'm jealous... what I would give to have a moment of clarity and mutual understanding like that with my mom even if it came with few or no words.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

That's such a simple, beautiful thing that everyone on here wants for/with their loved ones: a moment of clarity, a lucid interval from the brain-washing just to know that we know that they know, and that it's not worth sacrificing one's family members for anything, much less for a sweet, seductive lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit