New Governing Body Member: Hugo Riemer - More WT Revisionist History

by 00DAD 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Considering the fact That THERE WAS NO GOVERNING BODY TILL THE 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How can this board member be retroactively made a GB?!?

My gawd talk about ignoring history the GB concept isn't even 40 yrs old.

• QC
    QC

(Forum newbie for couple months learning your lingo)

I’m guessing JWN stands for JW news, correct?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

JWN is THIS forum, J-W.Net

• QC
    QC

Oh, I got it...JWnet

• QC
    QC

@King Solomon: that was simultaneous

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DarthFrosty, you got it. It's crazy. Probably only us "apostates" will even notice.

QC, Welcome!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hugo Henry Riemer born 3 Dec. 1879, Kramer, Nebraska.

WW1 Draft Registration card on 10 Sept 1918: Tall, medium build, blue eyes, light eyes, crippled in left arm, traveling clergyman

1920 - 1930 - 1940 US Census: address 124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY

1920 US Census: single, boarder, minister, Religious Publishing House

1930 US Census: lodger, clerk, Publishing House

1940 US Census: Lodger, single. Occupation: sell Industry: Religious books

1940 US Census column for highest level achieved in education: H - 2 ( 2 years of High School)

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Would most def. share a meal with Ray!

• kepler
    kepler

King Solomon said:

However, the "collective" element of the GB DOES allow them to dismiss the actions of an individual apostate member of the GB (eg Ray Franz) as actions of an individual MEMBER of the GROUP, and thus does not effect the status or performance of the whole body, as long as they cut them off (think of a salamander regenerating a limb that was amputated).

------

There are still problems.

In the case of Olin Moyle, the dismissal was the result of a private letter sent by Moyle the legal counsel to his client Rutherford, objecting to his conduct and the atmosphere of drunkeness that he promoted at Bethel. The Faith and Discrete Slave, yet to be renamed so, conducted a very public banishment of Moyle. But other than writing a letter to Rutherford, what exactly had he done? Rutherford was not objecting to his conduct of official duties such as writing appeals to the Supreme Court.

In the case of Ray Franz, disfellowship never became an EXPLICIT matter of doctrine or his conduct while he was on the Governing Board. He resigned. But he was subsequently disfellowshipped for associating with someone who disassociated himself due to providing Ray Franz shelter in a rented trailer home. No GB or FDS misconduct was identified in that process (sic). In fact, I made inquiries on another topic devoted to exactly that question: Why specifically was he disfellowshipped? No formal doctrinal accusations were made.

So, in the case, at least, of Ray Franz, as far as I can tell, they are stuck with him. Just like the United States is stuck with the fact that Aaron Burr was once a vice president or Jefferson Davis was once the Secretary of War.

As a consequence, in either case no actions these two individuals had taken in the course of their service can be discredited now - since they were never discredited in the first place. I presume the propaganda ministry as sophisticated as it is can manufacture an elaborate incrementally revealed lore about these two individuals, but I see no reason why anyone should accept the fallacies of their arguments a priori.

With Ray Franz having written of the matters subsequently, since he was part of the GB, and therefore, by current argument the FDS, his accounts of GB and FDS have to be taken at face value until current members specifically deny any of the details. The only way they could do that is to be presented with what Ray Franz stated in the first place. Should they deny what Ray Franz says, however, they should be very careful indeed, lest they be detected in the course of duty of engaging in outright lies.

• free @ last
    free @ last

With this retroactive naming of Gov Bod members, have they named anyone of the Johnadabs (other sheepels) who happened to be on board of directors as GB? Now that would be hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit