New Governing Body Member: Hugo Riemer - More WT Revisionist History

by 00DAD 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

minimus: Was Thomas J. Sullivan a GB member too?

Probably.

Apparently they can make anyone they want a GB member and remove whoever they want at will. What really happened is irrelevant. Look, as of the first of the month, Charles Taze Russell, the FOUNDER of this kooky religion, is no longer a member of the FDS.

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I was a member of the Governing Body once, but it was a very long time ago, and all the old WTs will have had my name purged.

Search as you will and you'll no longer find any mention of 00DAD in the pages of the WT CD or the new jw.org on-line library. It's like it never, ever happened!

Spooky ...

• minimus
    minimus

OK, I see Sully was a GB member, so they must've forgot to tell us that old Hugo was one too. Why wouldn't he be?? I think they should've told him, though. (Not that it makes any difference because in the 1960s, they were not viewed as GB members).

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

So this mean Ray Franz was of The Faithful & Discreet Slave or was he of the Evil Slave?

From what I've read on the forum, the term FDS refers to the GB collectively when performing their official duties. So that creates ANOTHER problem, since Ray Franz and Olin Moyle were characterized individually as "evil servants", when they're now saying that the body collectively is the "faithful servant".

That bit of illogic could be side-stepped by explaining that it's like one part of the faithful servant's body decided to "go rogue" (which makes sense, if you think back to Jesus' advice to cut off your hand or gouge out your eye if it stumbles you!).

• minimus
    minimus

So, I'd like to know if they still consider the Dawn Milleniallists as the Evil Slave?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

King Solomon: the term FDS refers to the GB collectively when performing their official duties. So that creates ANOTHER problem, since Ray Franz and Olin Moyle were characterized individually as "evil servants", when they're now saying that the body collectively is the "faithful servant".

Good point!

Actually the application of the FDS to a "collective" group is not new, it's just the re-definition of the term to include ONLY the GB (as a group) to the exclusion of all the [other] anointed ones.

You bring up another inconsistency (what a surprise!) in WT "Theology" that I've thought about before but not seen addressed here on JWN: If the "Faithful Slave" only, and I mean ONLY, refers to the currently GB designated group de jour as a group, then it would be consistent to apply the "Evil Slave" term in the same way.

Where is this organized group that comprises the Evil Slave? Hmmmn, they are no where to be found. If the "Evil Slave" is/are individuals then the "Faithful Slave" should be too.

Once again, we're trying to make sense of nonsense.

It's a pointless exercise in futility and frustration.

WT "theology" is a illogical, incoherent, inconsistent hodge-podge of constantly changing contradictory teachings, doctrines, ideas, rules and regulations that somehow are still nonetheless: The Truth.

What a mess!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Next thing you know they'll be saying JWN is the Evil Slave since were "organized" and constantly taking exception to WT "teachings."

Think about it, no sooner do they publish or declare some new idea or policy and we here on JWN are pointing out all the problems with it, usually before the local elders even know about it!

They must be really pissed!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

About the picture of the pre-1971 GB: from Knorr to the right they just look like Himmler (Knorr), Hess (Franz) and Speer (Henschel).

When you look at the picture you see that the power is at the right side and the no powers are at the left side...

Gorby

• minimus
    minimus

Where would Chitty or the other male lover be? (I forget his name.)

• Satanus
    Satanus

What a bunch of clowns , the gb.

S

• minimus
    minimus

LEO GREENLEES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit