This topic is about YOU

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Having been on here 11 years I think, a lot has changed. I met someone off of here ( I mean not on JWD) finally, and we are engaged. We are going through IVF in hopes to have a child. I don't have any at 41. After posting on here a post called, "how on earth can you possibly make money from e-bay", my full time job now is an e-bay seller, and it's extremely interesting and busy - a dream job, although not an enormous easy money spinner... but getting there. I worked for an American bank originally when I joined here. For those of you who don't know me from years ago, I met a lot of the old timers in the UK and a few from the US too and came over there on a whistle stop tour of the whole country (well you know all the usual tourist haunts).

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't complain.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What's going on in your life? I'm just working now. ;) No life, just work hard and take lots of time off. I guess you are what could be called 'semi retired'. I don't believe in owning a large home or trinkets unless it's used for a specific purpose.

I never did answer this, darling. :)

How is your job going? Horrible but I am getting by. ;)

How is the family? I don't post pictures of my family / friends online because of privacy issues. But there has been a recent death in the family that was terrible. :(

Any hobbies? That's a funny question. I've had plenty that have taken me to some pretty strange places. I am planning a trip to the Indian Karakoram mountains that is very remote and just opened to tourists. The mountains are unmapped and the people are untouched so I am attempting to do some photography work and possibly work out a mountain to climb (first ascent). I was unsuccessful in a recent trip to Myanmmar but I won't get into that silly trip. ;) The climbing part will come later but on the way I will be doing an ascent in Nepal, probably 7,000 metres. Something that does not require oxygen.

How's the JW people in your life doing? They are all depressed and on anti-depressants. They are no longer in my life as I've decided they need to make a change and I have no interest in listening to the whining all the time. ;(

• shamus100
    shamus100

And yes, Ballistic, I remember you. :) You are an old-timer. ;)

• ballistic
    ballistic

shamus ;)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Life is good here.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh you dont want to know....Its raining its pouring & there aint any old man snoring!!!!
    I miss my Jw daughter ,two granddaughters,& now a greatgrandson I will never see

I watch the YOUNG & THE RESTLESS That is the most exciiting thing in my life.
    Waiting to "kick the bucket" But since the good die young ,I guess the wt is right
    I'm gonna live forever ? trouble is when the heck is the paradise earth gonna arrive????

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nice thread

Shamus, I wanted to go to the Karakorum highway for years, start in India and take the highway all the way into China. Too dangerous nowadays, especially for an American woman in the Pakistan area. I don't suppose I'll ever do it. If you do, I hope you share your photos.

Still canning plums. Apples are next. Homemade apple sauce -- it's nice to have a lot of it. Applesauce and cheese make a good dinner, with some crackers.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, I won't be taking the Karakoram highway. It is too dangerous for westerners period. It's a shame that relations with Pakistan are the way they are. I want to travel there.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Havin' the BEST Time of my life right now!!!!!

Since walking....(runnin') from the Truth...

Satan has Blessed me beyond what I thought was possible!

I mean it must be Satan cause Jah is very dissappionted in me LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit