This topic is about YOU

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

What's going on in your life? How is your job going? How is the family? Any hobbies? How's the JW people in your life doing?

I'm going to hijack my own thread and make it about me too cause I'm selfish like that, lol...

My update: 2 awesome kids, hubby has gone all JW on me so my marriage sucks right now, job is crap, bla, bla, bla.

• cognac
    cognac

Oh, and I had this big Jehovah talk with my mom while we were both drinking. I told her I had a ton of doubts but felt like I can't talk about them because they just get mad. 2 1/2 conversation- told her everything I was thinking- just can't remember most of it, lol...

I think I'm on to something here. Take the JW and go out drinking, seems like you can say whatever the heck you want without the JW radar going all off.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well hello, Conyack! :) I'm sorry things aren't going so swell for you. :( Hope things improve.

I'm the same - just waiting to go abroad again, and bored. Work / life sucks all around, but don't we learn so much from suffering sometimes?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Haha, I like your idea. Get the JWs in your life drunk!

Everything OK here. Mostly retired. Doing a little writing, and some knitting. I just made a bunch of jars of concord grape jam. My house smells like an explosiong in a Welch's factory. May can some grape juice next, there are concord grape vines all over town and for some reason most folks just let the bears get the grapes -- and plums, and pears, and apples.

• cognac
    cognac

Shampoo- where are you going abroad to? Come to the US.

Hort- sounds yummy! What kind of work do you do? And yes, let's spread the word about the drunk think. Seems to work well! Lol

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, not to the US. I was going to go work there for a few years but decided against it. ;( I'm off to the other end of the earth for six months or so... who knows. ;)

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, I want to hear more about it Shamp when you are not sleeping, lol.

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Monkey Dude.

If you ever find yourself in Europe make sure you stop at my place to have a .

Andy

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Just came back from a trip to VA to see my son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters! Had a wonderful time.

Almost lost my daughter to congestive heart failure about 2 years ago, but she is making amazing progress.

Aunt in hospital with complications from stents put in 6 months ago. Stents clogged. Surgery to unclog and secure them. In the process they nicked an artery and she had massive bleading. 8 units of blood later, finally stableized...we think. She's on heavy meds now for the pain. Not sure how that will turn out....kinda holding my breath. She's 90.

Job is good. Life is good.

What made your hubby go all JW? Thought he was making some progress!

Coffee

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Nice thread. Nice to catch up with you and see how you are doin' !

About me & my life :

1. What's going on in your life ? Well Mrs. Flipper and I are doin' fine ! Still happily married after 6 years and we are busy most of the time. We enjoy hiking, swimming, working in our mountain organic garden growing vegetables . I took up playing guitar and singing and writing songs almost a year ago and am working on a music CD with my 27 yr.old son and his girlfriend !

2. How is Your Job Going ? pretty well considering we've been in a recession. Been self employed for almost 30 years now. In 2008 I lost a few accounts but I still have about 20 commercial accounts in 3 different counties keeping me hopping. Gas costs eat into my profit , however we are getting by , we're surviving. It's all you can ask. My wife is still tending to sewing & gardening in an organic vegetable garden, so she's working steady too.

3. Any hobbies ? Oh yeah. We listen to music all the time. Play Scrabble regularly. We both play guitar together. I just purchased Mrs. Flipper a nylon string guitar so it's easier for her to pick the strings with her occasional karpel tunnel and stiff joints. We play music with my son who plays guitar as well. We go on hikes take our black lab with us, swim. I also cut firewood for the winter out here in the Sierra as well. Having lots of fun !

4. How is the Family ? Doing very well. My older son ( 27 ) is still with his longtime girlfriend after 6 years and they live about an hour and a half away. We visit them regularly about twice a month and my son helps me on some of my bigger jobs at times. My JW parents are older 87 & 85 but I'm still on good terms with them.

5. How's the JW people in your life doing ? My older JW parents are very old and wonder why Armageddon never came. They treat my wife and I with respect, don't push the cult on us. My two adult JW daughters still shun me and their brother. We haven't socialized with them in 9 years now since we exited the cult. I miss them very much. We reach out, but they don't return calls. I think people from my old area still gossip about me to them so I'm marked - at least by my daughters. My older JW siblings tolerate me, my older elder brother and I hardly ever talk, he only tolerates me because my aged JW mom said she'd kick his ass if he disrespects me and Mrs. Flipper. I shudder to think what will happen when she dies. Another older JW sister I never talk to because like my elder brother she is rather self righteous being an ex-Gilead freak of sorts. The only older sibling I keep in touch with is my other JW sister in her early 60's who had two strokes , has fibromyalgia, lupus , and is an accepting kind person. She still tells me when we talk on the phone once a month that she loves me and I say the same. She accepts that I don't attend. So it's a mixed bag in my family , some accept me, some don't. Goes with the territory.

I am close to some of my inactive nieces and nephews ( my siblings kids ) who are adults who have left the cult, so thats a good thing. It's my fervent desire to keep pointing the way for my younger relatives to stay free and keep pursuing freedom of mind ! 4 out of 8 nieces, nephews, and my children have left the JWs. I hope more follow ! Take care Cognac, nice hearing from you ! Keep your chin up ! peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit