Standard of Living in the New System

by cobaltcupcake 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD
    ..they'll be back in an early 18th century type of life.

Farther back than that...

• TD
    TD
    The WT's pictures of paradise inevitably show something that simply could not possibly exist without electricity, large manufacturing plants, plastic extrusion, huge logistical & transportation chains, etc.

Yes! The clothing, shoes and even the hair and grooming of the people in the pictures is not possible without a hint of technology. The technology required for even a good pair of scissors is considerable.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Y'all starteded thinkin too much here...

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Blondi, thanks for the video. Sent it to my daugher who lives in Idaho. She wants me to move there. I had planned to move there in a few years. I may consider moving there sooner. She is already preparing for a disaster; that's Mormon territory and, as I am sure you know, they have always prepared for disaster. Everyone she knows has stored food, guns and bullets. I guess they are not relying on God to provide.

PHG

• moshe
    moshe

We can still have electricity- but only for the important people. Everyone will have a job for several hours a day powering the generator- ain't renewable human-powered electricity great!! Too bad, if you have to pull the 3AM-6AM graveyard shift.

Photobucket

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A heavy dose of realism here.....As dubs we just "left it to Jehovah" confident that God would provide everything. Regularly, this kind of question comes up on J W Talk and they chatter a bit and speculate and end up saying that they should not speculate.

Blondie's "Diary of a Survivor " was great, there was oncee a similar one by a real Witness who painted a rosy view of everything...

If we pushed any questions, back in the old days , the riposte was to say "Well, would you rather be on the losing side of Armageddon? Whatever we get is better than that"............

• blondie
    blondie

BluesBrother, I noticed the youtube named that. This came before that and I think this youtube is meant to distract jws from the original diary. Even if I were a jw today, that youtube would make me .

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Always keep in mind that the Watchtower runs a bait and switch operation.

What they promise you

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Jehovah's Witnesses paradise bait and switch

What you actually get

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Jehovah's Witnesses paradise bait and switch

And don't forget to get the Kindle version of Diary of an Armageddon Survivor here.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Kurt Bethel, they're not even going to get the lower pix: there will be no "New System".

The current system is the only one we've ever had, and the only one we'll ever get, so don't waste it!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The MAIN reason we have such an "advanced" technological civilization is because of fossil fuels. Those fossil fuels have been in decline for some time now (due to it not being readily available and what we have left isn't the best to work with), and I'm not sure how many people realize just how tied up our lives are with this amazing energy source, much less JWs. Perhaps Jehovah will provide more fossil fuels in Paradise?? Even then, powering the New World Society on fossil fuels will take an immense infrastructure.

One of the things that always bothered me is: What exactly are you going to talk about with other fellow JWs in the New World? How many times could you possibly eat the same boring fruit and talk about the same boring things? In my area, they always encouraged us to keep an open mind about the possibilites that would be in front of us, such as pursuing learning an instrument or inventing some new device. I guess that could keep you going for a few decades. But what if you learned everything there is to learn?

After reading everyone's responses, I'm glad to see we all realize just how impossible the JW "paradise" really is.

I also think that if there is a God, I think he designed us to die. To me, there are just too many paradoxes with trying to "live forever".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit