DOES ANYONE REMEMBER BLACK SEPT. 1971 N.Y.BETHEL

by new boy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

THAT WAS WHEN 200 BROTHER'S WENT TO 3 C.O.S AT BETHEL TO ASK FOR JUSTICE, BECCAUSE THEIR OVERSEERS WHERE DOING UNSCRIPTUAL ACTIVES!!! I WAS THERE TO TELL THEM OF WHAT MY OVERSEER OF THE LAUNRDY SAID TO ME THE STATEMENT WAS "THAT BROTHER OVER THERE {POINTING TO GARY KENNEDY} WILL DIE AT ARMAGEDON, BECAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS! DO YOU BELIEVE THAT KEITH?" I BEING IN FEAR OF MAN SAID " YES BROTHER OVERSEER". "GOOD HE SAID I WANT YOU TO REPORT TO ME ANYTHING WE CAN GET ON HIM SO WE CAN KICK HIM OUT!"------------THE UNITY BOOK {THE BOOK THAT NEW BETHELITES GET TO READ WHEN THEY GET THERE, AND MUST BE GIVEN BACK WHEN YOU LEAVE} STATES "ALL BETHELITES MUST OBEY THEIR OVERSEERS IN ALL THINGS, ITS NOT YOUR PLACE TO QUESTION THEIR ORDERS"-----------------AND IF YOU THING THATS NOT TRUE TRY GOING OVER THEIR HEADS TO THE BROTHER OVER THEM. THE FIRST THING THEY ASK YOU IS "THAT BROTHER HAS BEEN HERE FOR 20 YEARS, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE NEWBOY 6 MONTHS?" END CONVERSATION!!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Newboy,

Do you love dirty laundry?

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Fred,

Maybe Dirty Bagage..

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Budda,

Maybe Dirty Belly

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

No No Fred...

BIG bad belly.

Would you please pull the lent from
    my belly button?

Lent balls make great katnip.

• LDH
    LDH

Freddie Poo, ROFLMAO

Quit hi-jacking threads you bad little kitty!!!!!

New Boy,

A warm welcome. What exactly had Gary Kennedy done to warrant such a death sentence???

Lisa

• metatron
    metatron

you are speaking about a real event - weren't the C.O.'s
    referred to as the "3 Freds"?

The impetus for that meeting was supposed to be the lack of
    brothers applying for Bethel service. The 3 C.O.s tried to
    prove that nobody wanted to go to Bethel because it was so
    awful. They were branded as rebels for making this claim
    and quietly stripped of Bethel privileges. This was done
    carefully since the Society didn't want to make them
    into "martyrs".

Refresh my memory here - didn't they discreetly try to kill
    or injure Fred Barnes? He was a former C.O. assigned to
    the bindery gatherer - an inappropriate job for an older man,
    as many young men couldn't take it. Didn't he get taken off
    after a heart attack? Talk about Uriah the Hittite!

metatron

• Imbue
    Imbue

newboy , You've been out along time. The Unity book was used for Bible studies until the GB's one book order came down with the Knowledge book.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• anewperson
    anewperson

I commend you for bringing out these things. Keep doing so everytime you recall something important like this. It would be interesting to know who the 3 honest Circuit Overseers were. They were and are heroes.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Newboy,

sorry I didn't welcome you to the board earlier, welcome.

Now for black thursday, I'm hoping my hubby, jst2laws will post here. He was involved in it and guess what, until about 2 years ago, Gary Kennedy was in our congo. Yes he continued to pioneer all these years,(20+) but was removed as an elder and pioneer after he messed around with an other man's wife. He ended up divorcing his wife and marrying the young thang and moved to California, thus leaving our congo, but still a jw.

Unfortunately the three freds are still at bethel. *shaking head* what true believers they are.

btw, my brother was in brooklyn from '72-76, I '75-76. And I have old friends I grew up with that are still there! bet we know the same people! isn't it nice to be free?

j2bf

ps. For ease of reading your threads, will you please not type in all caps! Otherwise, I feel like I'm being yelled at. Thank you. (smile)

edited to add the ps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit