WTBS INC Annual meeting i.e. food for thoughts.

by MacHislopp 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

As p^romised I’m contionue the topic providing information, statements and references. I’ll deal with it by parts and the following is part one:

“The Inspection”

To start an interesting reminder

*** w99 3/15 12 Pay Constant Attention to Your Teaching ***

Learn to do careful research. By learning to trace all things with accuracy, you can avoid exaggerations and inaccuracies when youteach.Luke 1:3.

***Statement to be proved:

.1***

The Slave Class was only appointed for the first time by Christ in 1919.

From (GB ) speaker Guy Pearce - October 6 th 2012 -

Now comes the question: in which year?

Should we accept from thhe Society this one?

*** w72 2/1 79 Fully Accepting the Challenge of Jehovah's Service ***

The Naomi remnant came into a condition like that, particularly in the year 1918,when they were, in a sense, exiled from Jehovah Gods favor. In that year Jehovah God came to his temple suddenly, accompanied by the messenger of the covenant, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Or this one?

*** ka 351 17 The "Slave" Who Lived to See the "Sign" ***

Did he find that body of Christian slaves disregarding the unpopularity of the world and seeking to be pleasing to their Master by doing what he had appointed to be done during his absence? He must have found them so, according to the way the inspection, begun in 1919, has affected his decision since. His actions, his dealings with his Christian slaves, speak louder than words.

Or this one?

*** yb75 88 United States of America (Part One)

Jehovah and his messenger of the covenant, Jesus Christ, came to inspect the spiritual temple in 1918 C.E. Judgment then began with the house of God and a period of refining and cleansing commenced. (Mal. 3:1-3; 1 Pet. 4:17)

Or this one ?

*** w83 9/15 19-20 "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" ***

Since the master found the remaining ones of this body faithfully and discreetly giving out food supplies when he arrived for inspection in 1919,he appointed them over all his belongings. (Luke 12:42-44)

Or this one?

*** re 31 6 Unlocking a Sacred Secret * (pub. 1988)**

Thus, when the Lords day dawned in October 1914, there were still true Christians on earth. (Revelation 1:10) It appears that Jehovah came to his spiritual temple for judgment about three and a half years later, in 1918, accompanied by Jesus as his messenger of the covenant. (Malachi 3:1; Matthew 13:47-50)

Or to keep everyone happy this one?

*** w043/1p.17par.19‘TheFaithfulSlave’PassestheTest!

19 Of course, the majority of those who were to become Christ’s anointed slaves during the time of the end were not yet serving Jehovah when Jesus began his inspection in 1918. Did they miss out on the inspection? Not at all. The inspection process only began in 1918/19 when the faithful and discreet slave as a classpassed the test. Individual anointed Christians continue under inspection until their sealing is made permanent. (Revelation 7:1-3)

After all the Society i.e. the “ Governing Body” should know? Since they claimed this:

*** w60 7/15 444

Staying Awake with the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" ***

At the 1958 Divine Will International Assembly amazing advance information in connection with Daniel’s prophecy was given about events to occur in the immediate future. Such evidence of spiritual foresight is recorded for us in the book “Your Will Be Done on Earth.” Once again the “faithful and discreet slave” has been tipped off ahead of time for the guidance of all lovers of God"

Oh, I’m sorry because 38 years later the Society i.e. the

“Governing Body” wrote the following:

*** w 98 9/15 10 Times and Seasons in Jehovah's Hands ***

3 Two things can be deduced from the way Jesus answered questions relating to when things would occur in fulfillment of God’s purpose.

First, that Jehovah has a timetable; and second, that he alone fixes it, and his servants cannot expect to be given precise advance informationof his times or seasons."

As a matter of fact , how can you believe about “ Jesus Christ’s inspection” when those inspected wrote 12 years after the “ inspection” :

LIGHT, Vol. 1 (1930) chapt. VI page 187 by

J.F. Rutherford

Such affords an opportunity for the child of God to show his willingness to obey and follow whithersoever the Lord leads.

It was in 1922 that the people of God first had an understanding that the Lord had come to his temple in 1918. The Lord Jesus, the great Judge, is the One

And it was not a misteke in writing because those “ inspected” wrote again about that event in the year 1933, 15 years after the “ inspection” :

This corresponds to the condition amongst God’s people from

1918 to 1922, probably before the general convention of the latter year at Cedar Point, Ohio. It was when the Lord’s covenant people saw that Christ the great Inspector General had come to the temple that they cried out:“Save now, I beseech thee, 0 Lord: 0 Lord, I beseeeh thee, send now prosperity.” (Ps. 118: 25) It was in 1922 that God’s covenant people became aware of their own negligence in connection with the building of the antitypical temple. It was then that the Lord spoke words of comfort to them and they rejoiced, sceing that Jehovah’s anger had turned away from them.(Isa. 12: 1-4; 61: 1-3)

The Watchtower August 31 st 1933 pages 231-232 par. 25th

And wrote again about that event in the year 1943 , i.e. 25 years after the “ inspection” :

‘The truth shall make you free’ ’ 1943, page 302)

”…the major fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy fixes the spring of A.D. 1918 as the time when the King Christ Jesus came to the temple.

Christ’s coming to the temple in 1918 was entirely unexpected, even to his devoted faithful followers. The truth of his coming then was first discerned by the Scriptures and by the fulfillments of prophecy after the event, namely , first in 1922.”

It understandable that on such Orwellian basis, one cannot accept the “inspection” event as a real event.

That’all for now. Any comment is welcome

Greetings, J.C. MachHislopp

PS Part two will follow shortly.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for your hard work, MacHislopp. It prompted me to do a list of quotes myself, from a slightly different angle.

The quote from Light I (1930) is a key one. Ratherflawed reiterated it in other WT articles during the 1930s (e.g. Aug. editions of the 1935 WTs discussing the Noolite™ about the great crowd).

Those statements directly contradict this one:

*** w94 1/15 p. 16 par. 5 Shepherds and Sheep in a Theocracy ***

In 1919 that slave was identified as the remnant of anointed Christians.

Under Oldlite it was wrong and now it's even 'wronger.'

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello AnnOMaly,

thanks for you comment. I'll check the reference you have given in my database and I'll come back on it.

Greetings,

J.C. MacHislopp

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Sorry, the explicit admission wasn't in the 2 articles I mentioned, it was here:

w36 3/15 The Lord's Day, Part 1 p. 87

22. Even the 'faithful servant' class, the remnant, did not discern the coming of the Lord to the temple at the time it occurred. Those faithful ones were fully trusting in the Lord and waiting upon him, yet it was not until 1922 that the Lord revealed to them that he was at the temple for judgment.

w.35, 1/1 Jehovah's Battle, Part 1, p. 9

It required some time after 1919 for the consecrated to get their bearings and to get into the swing of the work which the Lord had appointed them to do. In 1922 there was again an assembly of these faithful ones at Cedar Point, and then they learned that the Lord Jesus was at the temple of Jehovah, and in the language of Isaiah the Lord again propounded the question : "Who will go for us?" And the faithful in response cried out with joy: "Here am I; send me." And the Lord said, "Go.''-Isa. 6 : 8,9.

There are sure to be other instances around the same period, but these and your quotes should do.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is fantastic research, thanks for sharing it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome information! Yes, under old light it was wrong, and under new light it's wronger!!! LOL!!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They were/are certainly some imaginative bastards!

How do they come up with this stuff?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How do they come up with this stuff?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

A few lines for those who commented.

AnnOMaly I do agree with you. Many thanks for the extra two quotes,. Quite a few times the Society admitted that they realized or “ first discerned “ the time of the inspection at least 3 years after the event i.e. 1922

Even as as late as 69 years after the event, the Society admitted: that:

* w876/15pp.14-15ATimeofTestingandSifting***

Modern-Day Fulfillment

18As early as 1922, Jehovah’s people were made aware that they were in a time of judgment in fulfillment of Malachi’s prophecy. TheWatchtower of September 1 said: “But Malachi’s prophecy looks beyond the partial fulfillment at our Lord’s first advent, and forward to the time when Messiah should come in glory and strength, and when he should judge amongst his people . . . Now, once again, the time of judgment has come; again his professed people are tried as by fire, and the true-hearted sons of Levi are being gathered together for service.”

Mickey mouse thanks for your appreciation!

Data-DOG

Yes, under old light it was wrong, and under new light it's wronger

I do agree with you. This is the point I’m trying to make.

Breakfast of champions and DATA-DOG …

A good question indeed. Imho that’s what happens when

men ideas, opinion are given as coming from God and/or Jesus Christ.

Normally we would call “ paper trail” but scripturally speaking

we could use Jesus Christ ‘s words:

Matthew12: 37

"for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Data-DOG

Yes, under old light it was wrong, and under new light it's wronger

I do agree with you. This is the point I’m trying to make. For this reason

sometimes it is important to show many pertinent examples (quotes) from the

Society’s own publications.

Greetings to all,

J.C. MacHislopp

P.S The other part is almost ready.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Marking

Share this