Does anyone have official confirmation of new GB member?

by Open mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

About a month ago on this JWN thread,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/235284/1/New-GB-Member-Mark-Sanderson

the news of a new GB member, Douglas Mark Sanderson was announced.

Has anyone received any further confirmation of this?

I almost brought it up at an extended-family dinner recently, but opted not to, since I couldn't very well say I heard it at the annual meeting. Nor do I any longer get the inside scoop (very often) from insider types who would have attended.

om

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Interestingly, I found a copy of a picture of the GB in my husband's folder (he's an elder) with the newbie GB member on it. My husband hasn't told me about it yet. I don't know whether it's because he doesn't think it's common knowledge yet, because they haven't announced it at the hall OR he doesn't want to tell me yet because he's afraid of what I'd say about Sanderson's young age. Or maybe it isn't important to him.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Or maybe he is a member of this Forum and got the pic here?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS did not announce Jackson and Morris until the 3/15/2006 WT although they said the following: So if it was announced at the October 2012 Annual meeting, 5 or more months yet before the official announcement.

*** w06 3/15 p. 26 New Members of the Governing Body ***

ON Wednesday morning, August 24, 2005, the United States and Canada Bethel families, connected by video, heard an exciting announcement. Effective September 1, 2005, two new members—Geoffrey W. Jackson and Anthony Morris III—would be added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks sickandtired and Blondie for the info.

I guess the next time I rub shoulders with a well-connected JW, I'll ask if there's any "new news" from the Big House.

om

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

LOL, Tylinbrando! It would be a dream come true if that were the case! He's still very much under the spell of 'JW's have the Truth' and 'where else is there to go?' !

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It's 100% real - my source is quite close.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The channel to recieve announcements, and communitions comes in this order:

1st = You read about it on this site.

2nd = Somebody, with guts but in a discreet way announces something new, but he/she is afraid to announce their sources.

3rd = The Society either sends a letter, or publishes the communication through the channell - A.O, CO's, Elders (spouses of Elders find out next), then you get to read it in black and white somewhere.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Email from missionary elder? With the pics of the 8. I never responded...didn't know what to say..."thanks!" ?

I'd be happry to forward to email to you if you want.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey Dagney,

If you can that would be great.

my e-mail address is:

[email protected]

I'll send you a PM.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit