The GB of today sure hates Charles Taze Russell

by Eustace 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Eustace’s post regarding one of C.T. Russell’s quotes needs to repeated for emphasis:

"Rather, like the church of Rome their influence is exerted to restrain investigation within the sectarian limits. With the implied threat of Disfellowship , they urge their ministers and students not to search continually for truth, but to accept the voice of their sect as infallible."Watchtower 1887 Apr p.923

Good one!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The early 1914 to 1919 chronology prevents them from dumping rusell entirely. He is intrinsicly tied to it. Perhaps, after a few more decades, they will be able to dump the old chronology, together w rusell, and start everything from the 'judge' rutherford, who is the real founder of jehovahs witnesses, anyway. Afterall, rusell gave full credit to william miler for starting the neo apocalypticism of which rusell, the bible students and jws are a part. However, today the average jw knows nothing of william millers inspiration to rusell and his followers.

S

• donuthole
    donuthole

As others have noted J.F. is the real founder of Jehovah's Witnesses. The organization is his baby and the whole mentality that pervades the beast goes back to him. He made a new religion and molded it to be different that the Bible Students and other Christian sects.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

King Solomon wrote

The ingratitude! Wonder if Russell would've bothered setting up the scam, if he only knew he'd be removed from the history books a hundred years after his death (I'm thinking yes, since it served him well when he was alive)?

Looks like a case of "what goes around comes around" to me!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

King Solomon, don't know if you saw it or not, but I posted those same two pics of Stalin yesterday on this thread:

They're about 1/2 way down the page. Scroll down a bit further for some WT revisionist history in their " accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details " re-enactment of the the 1922 Cedar Point convention.

Compare an actual photo of the stage of that convention (from Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy, page 299) with the re-enactment from the recent DVD: Jehovah's Witnesses - Faith In Action, Part 1.

Looks like they took a page from ol' Joe's playbook!

00DAD

• designs
    designs

I don't know if you have been around the Bible Students but its a pretty simple answer they give- Those that followed Rutherford were the ones that left now us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit