Speaking in Tongues

by AvailableLight 25 Replies latest jw friends

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

Here is a link on the charismatic gifts. Interesting.
    http://www.carm.org/questions/charismata.htm

• TheStar
    TheStar

SaintSatan,

Good point. I remember before being a JW I thought Gregorian chants were so calming and beautiful and now, I must admit, they do sound creepy to me... Darn Watchtower! and yes I know watchtower meetings are also mind altering... I've been reading up on this...

JT,

Right On!

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

You guys, I pray in tongues! don't exclude me for doing it. I didn't ask for it. It came suddenly one night 25 years ago and I got scare so bad that I never practice it for the rest of many years until I got comfortable knowing it was a gift from God and who am I to disregard it? I respect what the Catholic Church has been trying to do shepherding the Charismatic Movement and they have make big progress and avoid abuses.. yes! there are risks of imitation from Satan, but when I pray in tongues there a peaceful sense and there is nothing about it extraterrestrial; it is natural and nothing on the outside changes... you could be driving, attending a conference and so forth... since I am rather private when it comes to worship, I prefer to use it in private, maybe some day I will change.

Good wishes to all,

Yadira

• blindfool
    blindfool

I remember from my church days, that if no one was there to interprete
    the language that it was not from God.
    Who Knows?

LB
    I wonder , if they heal each other all the time, why they are not all well by now?
    "Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetlin Ponies!"

• finnrot
    finnrot

The first time I attended a church where people spoke in tongues I was with my mother in law. Before services I heard someone screaming in the back room, I asked my mother in law what was going on, she told me that it was just someone receiving the Lord(speaking in tongues). Being that I grew up attending the Kingdom Hall where you could hear a pin drop during the meetings, this yelling and screaming really creeped me out.

Have you noticed that it always seems like the same type of people see U.F.O.s and the same type of people take rides with aliens, you know the springer types with the banjos on their knees.
    In general speaking in tongues follows the same pattern, you're dealing with people with low education and an intense desire to be accepted and noticed. The truth hurts.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett.

• Valis
    Valis

We forgot to mention that speaking in tongues is a good way to get rid of those pesky door to door freaks as well.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit