I'm in agony

by rem 42 Replies latest social relationships

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Rem,

Sorry to hear of your situation, I really hope things take a turn for the better soon.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Is your wife da'd too or still in?
    I da'd right at the same time as my marriage was suffering. It was terrible and is just now feeling really good again. I need to make more friends though. How are you doing with that?
    She might be feeling smothered somewhat since you probably are relying on her more than ever since you da'd?
    Just guessing. Sorry to be so presumptuous.
    I kept telling Joel that "hey, I used to think of living forever, now I've got only this life and dammit, I want to live it up!" I just want to keep busy so I don't have to think about time flying by.
    be patient and calm with her if you can.
    Sorry you're having to go through this. I hope it works out for you both.

• rem
    rem

She is not DA'd, but she doesn't believe in it anymore. The elders have tried to contact her since I DA'd a couple months ago, but I'm not worried about that at all. We both need to make more friends. I feel so alone right now because since my DA, I don't have any close friends to turn to like before. I live out of town, away from my family and I'm sitting in a big, empty house right now (at least it feels empty without her). I think there are so many similarities between your situation and ours. Thanks so much for your support and thoughts.

rem

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Yeah, see, it's not just being married, it's everything. All her beliefs have changed and become meaningless. The thing is, you're the one person who she can turn to and really have understand her. I hope she can find a way to find independence without having to give you up.

Get out of that house and run or bike or go somewhere cheerful! A coffeehouse, a bookstore, a museum, rollerskating rink, something!
    You need to get outta there and take care of your heart. It's the first day of spring, new beginnings. Could be the beginning of a new more enlightened relationship between the two of you, or one where you have a fresh new start for yourself.

just take it easy and be good to you today,

Anne

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

(((rem))) so sorry, hun

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

((((rem))))

so so sorry to hear about this. wishing you strength and peace in dealing with this.

• Valis
    Valis

rem, it appears that you were not prepared for the worst, and no amount of preparing can help you now. It would behoove you to make every attempt to get on with your life, with or without her. From experience, if it appears you are indeed capable of getting on without her then she may have some second thoughts. I know all about this one, so trust me a little. Don't drink too much over it, or do anything stupid by all means. Its easy to do right after such a hateful event..again, I know. If you have close friends, then spend some time catching up with them, or contact those you might have neglected because you spent so much time doing the marriage thing. Get a hobby or resume one you previously enjoyed. Find a way to be a cordial as possible to her, and reasonable, and listen, but by all means don't be a pushover everytime you see her. Stand up for yourself. You might find you have room for growth within your own sphere of existence and are entirely able to do so, even if you never see her again. So sorry for your predicament, but all one can do is pull you up by the bootstraps and help you along your way. Best wishes.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pandora
    pandora

((((rem)))))
    My heart goes out to you rem. But believe what anne says. She is soo right. I left too. And it took me longer to see my mistake only because he put a lot of pressure on me. I am very stubborn too and the more he pulled me to him the harder I pulled away. It took me seven months. And it only happened because he finally let me go. It is stupid to have to go thru this and it wasn't perfect when we got back together, but now it is soo wonderful. I love him soo much and now there is no way I would ever leave him again.
    There is hope. And I will be hoping for you with all my heart.
    -P(J)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

REM,

You have my sympathy.

At this point you may find it difficult to believe that things will ever improve, but they will.

Please let me suggest that you talk with your doctor about the way you're feeling - you might benefit from short-term use of an anti-depressant. These drugs do not make you giddy or deliriously happy - they just smooth things out a bit, and they can help with "social anxiety".

Please don't create a isolating shell around yourself.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{rem}}}}}

I am so sorry...

puffs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit