Jason BeDuhn regarding Revelation 7 and the Great Crowd

by Sauerkraut 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

@ Raymond Frantz and Jwfacts: I forwarded the e-mail to both of you. Hope it helps.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

As long as your link continues working, Sauerkraut, the image will stay up here. Sehr interessant. Vielen Dank :-)

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I got it many thanks

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I really appreciate that email. I have posted it at http://www.jwfacts.com/images/naos-beduhn-email.png and embedded it into the article Great Crowd of Other Sheep? that Recovery is so eagerly discussing.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

I'm very glad I could contribute a little.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good work, Brother!

• Sulla
    Sulla

BeDuhn is, like, the JW theology go-to guy. I know of several JWs who have sent e-mails to him regarding questions like this and he quite often responds. Interesting that he would do that for various strangers -- most of whom have some sort of religious axe to grind.

His book, claiming the the NWT is somehow the least biased of a whole set of major translations, might as well have been written by an evil clown on meth then on stilts, of course. But he seems like a decent fellow.

• botchtowersociety
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

On this same line of thought, there are many JW apologists on yahoo answers. I discovered yesterday that many are still misusing debunked quotes to garner favor to the NWT. I even found one that was still quoting Bruce Metzger, the guy that was livid at the society for taking him out of context. They are still quoting him saying: " Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, in reference to the New World Translation of the Greek Scriptures, stated that "on the whole, one gains a tolerably good impression of the scholarly equipment of the translators."*

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is a good breakdown that I found in regards to scholars that the Watchtower has quoted. It shows that nearly all of them have been taken out of context: http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20and%20NWT.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit