Is it appropriate to describe eating Lobster Bisque as eating?

by Theocratic Sedition 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Hey Outlaw, if you have a tasty seafood bisque recipe, would you post it? Mmmmmmm!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I hate rules, but here's one of mine: NEVER eat a lobster bisque served in a "CAFETERIA" unless, of course, you like to drink warm Elmer's Glue

I am with LOW KEY LYSMITH on the concept of FENNEL in my lobster bisque, served in fine RESTAURANT.

• Glander
    Glander

breakfast is correct, the key word here is "cafeteria". I can assure you it was a prepared, canned product from the local Sysco Whsle supplier. When you go into a cafeteria kitchen you won't see any "chefs" just a lot of can openers.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Theo,( Miz,NRFG, etc. by whatever name you wanna call yourself-LOL) you are supposedly young, but you sound like a grumpy old man.(Lobster TEA!!!)

Why would you order LOBSTER BISQUE in a cafeteria? Be happy you didn't get food poisoning!!! That's a gift that keeps on giving.

Eat a sandwich! Eat chicken soup. DO NO EAT THE BISQUE!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have always had it or seen it with heavy cream. If it were water based or like tea, yuck! The heavy cream makes it rich which goes well with the lobster. I enjoy it. My problem is that a decent version is always pricey b/c of the price of lobster. It is nice splurge for me.

My food preferences have changed drastically since 1950s and 1960s America and from living in Manhattan with access to ethnic and upscale good. There is a whole line of soups, vicyoisse, gazpacho, etc. that would be yucky to most Americans. I believe we enjoy what we are comfortable eating. The foods were grew up with. It blows my mind b/c I am not domestic - yet the food I cook for myself now is so much better than my Mom's. Julia Child and James Beard made food sexy.

Let me confess that I only eat seafood downtown by the fish market, never midtown or uptown. Many foods I enjoy in a restaruant, where other people are eating them and I want to be appear part of the crowd that I would never eat at home. Yet I do enjoy them in the restaurant.

I am not a fan of commercial chain resrtaurants. The lobster bisque at Red Lobster is nice, though. I wonder if the place where you ate it modified the recipe b/c they were cutting costs or ran out of heavy cream. Lobster bisque always seems to have certain set spices. Spices that I believe are not cheap. If the soup were too cheap, I would be wary.

Seafood always tastes best to me at the shore or as part of a fish market environment. The ocean breeze does wonders for it.

It should be very rich and creamy, not watery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit