Lets Insult Christmas Public WT Now Up on jw.org

by LostGeneration 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shepherd
    shepherd

In your average JW congregation you’ll have divorced families, single parent families, marriage mates going thru separation, feuds between congregation members, feuds among elders, disfellowshipped who attend are shunned, many members afraid to talk to elders for fear of disciplinary measures, pedophiles on the loose, pioneers, ministerial servants and elders who overindulge in alcohol, many JW members on mind altering drugs in order to cope and yes…. hypocrites. - JW GoneBad

Very well said. This EXACTLY what you will find in each congregation, but many will conclude it must be different, better, in other congregations, just not in theirs. This is how I used to reconcile what I was reading in the WT with what my own experience showed me, and I know many others did the same thing. Only now do I know it was all a big lie, that all congregations are in a mess and the love and peace they claim is as invisible as Christ's supposed return. Not even the bethels have that peace and love!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

@ JWgoneBad - Well they will get love bombed if they come into the door. It will take a few years of attendance before they get to see the seedy underbelly of they average congo.

Its more brainwashing.

"happiest people on earth"

"unified"

"the truth"

Hitler once said: “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

It's funny how they assume (ASS U Me) that Christmas is such a bad thing and of course the "rank and file" are quick to buy in. In fact, the majority of people celebrate it as a family and thoroughly enjoy every aspect, even if there is some stress attached. I certainly do.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Bible principles can help?

"Do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it." (Proverbs 3:27) The poor, the hungry, and the afflicted do not suffer only at Christmastime. If you perceive that someone needs help and it is within "the power of your hand" to assist, why wait for a holiday to act? Your kindness and compassionate actions will be blessed.

"Every first day of the week let each of you at his own house set something aside in store as he may be prospering." (1 Corinthians 16:2) The apostle Paul gave that advice to early Christians who wanted to help the poor. Could you 'set aside,' or budget, some money that you can regularly give to individuals or to an organization that uses its funds wisely? In this way, you ensure that you care for the needy while still giving within your means.

"Do not forget the doing of good and the sharing of things with others, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased." (Hebrews 13:16) Notice that besides "the sharing of things with others," we must also remember "the doing of good," or helpful acts. For example, wise parents train their children to help the elderly with everyday tasks; to encourage the sick by means of a card, a visit, or a phone call; and to take a personal interest in other children who are poor or suffer from a disability. As a result, children learn to be kind and generous year-round.

What a crock!! Cognitive Dissonance 101!

Sing in a blues style for full effect...... Let me tell you a story.... bout a little Dog I know,...... His name was DATA....He went to the Elder show.... Do you trust the SLAVE,...He said I don't know... Do YOU help the widows?....They said Hells No!! .... Now little DATA.... read from the book of James.... 1:26, 27..... he threw out some greek names... THEY said that aint service!.... You gotta D2D!.. Gotta move those Mags...we gots UNITY!....

Now poor little DATA....hung his head and cried...THEY just won't listen...No matter how he tried....THEY said if that was service....it would cause a mess....goin round countin' time....helpin' the depressed.... We love those widows.... but we love the slave more..... help 'em if ya gots time.....after the door to door..... That stuff in James....is just one verse....go preach about the Sovreign...O' the Universe.... We just love ya DATA.....you gots to get yo' time.....we gonna bench you DATA!....to re-adjust yo' mind!!! Feel free to add your own verses!!

Seriously, I was told that Ray Franz hated service and said that mowing you lawn was worship according to Ray. Then i was told that helping people was nice, but if that was field service then we would have to make a list every month of how we helped people and turn it in!!!!!!!! I am not kidding, I recorded it!!!!!! It is insane!!! They are insane!!! Double speak!!! WTH!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"The joy we should experience is sometimes obscured by the stress we do experience."

And the REJECT Astaroth Party, with the pious-sneering and mad scramble to get the Kingdumb Hell ready and make sure everyone we invited shows up, isn't?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Every first day of the week let each of you at his own house set something aside in store as he may be prospering."

I do that, and use the funds to buy silver at the end of the month. I also buy things that will help me to get through emergencies that I believe are all but certain to become common in future years, when such supplies will be much more difficult (if not impossible) to buy. Such as high-power flashlights, batteries in sizes that they take, high-capacity NiMH battery chargers, and making sure I have plenty of high-power LED lanterns on hand.

While it might not be perfect, it is far better than what the washtowel suggests. When we start getting rolling blackouts, I am ready with battery powered LED flashlights and lanterns (it can even happen at your big-box store, where a flashlight can make the difference between a nuisance where you simply can't buy your purchase and a life-threatening situation where you can't find the exit). Are the witlesses prepared? Or, do they wait for God's tyranny to "fix it", too stupid to realize that for 60 toilet papers, they could have gotten a small but high-power flashlight to save themselves?

The silver is also better than what they suggest. Buying silver with my "surplus" now ensures that, when the dollar becomes worthless because of QE697857687, I will still have enough to survive until a better barter system develops. Do the witlesses think of that? It might not be perfect, it might not solve the problem. However, it could make a life-threatening situation into a mere annoyance. Does putting money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund box even do that?

As for Christmas, I still put money and time into maintaining my Christmas lights and displays. They stress the amount of time it takes to shop, decorate, bake, entertain, and actually open the presents. The total amount of time (and gas used) is actually less than what is wasted by pious-sneering, which they recommend doing. And when I am finished with a major Christmas decoration project, or even the beginning of it which can be added to later, there is something to show for it. It actually gets widespread appreciation. What do the witlesses have to show for their hours of field circus? And, has anyone actually really felt spiritually uplifted after wasting all that time in field circus? I have felt that way after the trips to shop during Christmas, whether online or in-store.

Debt anyone? How about this. Does anyone actually give 10% on the gross as churches and Kingdumb Hells recommend? One weird solution is to put aside this money instead of tithing your churches or Kingdumb Hells. Invest it in something that will hold value. Then, once school starts in fall, you use that fund to start your Christmas shopping. Cash in the silver you may have bought for your Christmas fund, and use it to buy gifts. You can do this throughout the fall season, spreading out the shopping so you are not under undue stress at any one time. Yes, you still go in December--but to finish your shopping, not start it. You go then for the fun of watching the lights and listening to the music, picking up perishables and semi-perishables for baking, and the general Christmas atmosphere. It may even give you ideas for decorating your own home, or inspiration to pick up a few more missing decorations. And, since you have been paying with church tithe money all year, you get no credit card debt from doing this--pay now, buy later is better and works better than buy now, pay later.

And less money for your church or Kingdumb Hell to spread their rubbish.

• nugget
    nugget

An appalling magazine as usual. I dislike the way they are targeting the young over the issue of a parent leaving the organisation and the way they present the witnesses as people who give all year round. The good news is that as ex jws we probably read more of the magazines than the JWs do so the majority of witnesses will look at the title page and chapter headings and leave it at that.

• Branded Rebel
    Branded Rebel

I am a single parent and no longer a JW but my relatives still are. The way they try to pity my daughter for me not allowing her to go to meetings is apauling. Then to shut them up, I let her go to one, but I stayed in the car park for the whole meeting on principal. I refused to go in there. When it was over, my daughter told me her uncle yelled at her for talking and not 'paying attention'. She's a 3 year old child! Of course she's not going to care about what's going on, and she'll never be going back either. When they told me what had happened, I told them it was probably boring for her and then they snapped at me with such an aloof attitude that 'it was not boring' and turned their noses up at me. As if that kind of attitude will bring people back or encourage them to let their kids go in future? No thank you! It's all a crock. They are more than happy putting other people down and yet when their own beliefs come under fire, you're the world's worst person or being disobedient or for thinking freely.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

I caught this picture while he wasn't looking.

I don't know how he heard about the article saying "he didn't exist"

We Elves try our best to insulate the Old Man as best as we can.

I cannot tell you how much this upset Santa and the other Elves.

Media hype just never ends... even when it attacks a do-gooder like Santa.

• St George of England
    St George of England

"The only event Jesus specifically instructed his followers to commemorate was his death, not his birth, and this was to be done as a simple communion meal. (Luke 22:19, 20) Note, too, that the Gospels of Mark and John are silent about Jesus’ birth."

This is from the Christmas article. So Mark and John are silent about Jesus' birth. The entire Bible is silent on the GB but it never stopped the WTS inventing one and pretending it was following the first century model.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit