Showed Spouse A Quote In the Bound Volume

by turtleturtle 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• sd-7
    sd-7

If you are 'God's sole channel of communication with mankind', you don't need to give it the old college try. You just speak, and it's true, and that's it. Truth isn't a baseball pitch that you take a swing at and sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't. I doubt you'll find any Bible prophets trying to qualify their proclamations with legal-ese. But there's nothing vague about this statement. It's even attributed to Bible prophecy, same as saying it's God's own words. But they've been trained not to think in terms of 'true' and 'false' when it comes to their own beliefs. It's always 'prior understanding', 'past truths', etc. They can't look it in the eye or else it's a house of cards. Look at it from just the right angle, and for them, it's a solidly built house.

--sd-7

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Irondodrk, that is a great quote. By saying that, Watchtower is actually condemning itself!

• undercover
    undercover

May 1, 1997 Watchtower , page 8

I missed that one. That's great. Anyway a scan could be provided?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Agree with UC, that is one helluva quote- I would love a scan as well...

Amazing they printed that shit just 18 months after they dumped their 1914 generation doctrine.

• irondork
    irondork

I copied this out of Franz's, Crisis of Conscience. I'm not able to give you a full-page scan from a bound volume.

• trujw
    trujw

There logic never makes any sence. Why would not any religion be the truth if they can just say sorry and move on no matter what they teached before and say we are only human? It means it doesn't matter what you believe it can all be changed. So there whole belief system is just to follow imperfect men right or wrong.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I love to read the writing of new ones!

good luck and welcome

• trujw
    trujw

Thank you DaCheech. I left many years ago at 22. When I left there was no internet and I lost everyfriend I knew my mom and three sisters all my friends. Oh and my boss was a JW so was fired due to "down sizing". Lets just say I am sooo glad I left when I did. Was still able to build a life for myself. Somwhow as a born in this cult never leaves you and when one of my sisters finally left it brought back everything in talking to her and it made me want to see what I have been missing all these years. Needless to say nothing as far as the watchtoilette is concerned. Same lies different day. No wonder so many are leaving my god I had to go to a christian book store to find the TTATT not just click a mouse.

• blondie
    blondie

But...........I had someone say that some apostate recreated a bound volume and inserted false statements. I used a bound volume from the KH library and a sister told me that someone had snuck in a fake volume.

I think if I had showed it from the volume in her own library, she would have said someone broke into her house and put in the false volume.

Many jws would consider something in a 1968 volume was outdated, old light. 44 years old and there was now new information.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    He/she stated that it means the FDS are simply imperfect men trying their best and at that time in history, that was their best.

Ideas for questions:

Is it ok to have double standards? (You should get him/her to agree that it is wrong to have double standards, then ask questions designed to force him/her to use them.)

If it is ok to follow imperfect men who are just trying their best, why does the WT slag off other churches for their mistakes?

Do you think that the Pope isn't trying his best? .... That the Archbishop of Canterbury isn't trying his best? In the late sixties, were they saying that the end was so close that there was no point in getting an education? Who was right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit