New Here

by FingersCrossed 27 Replies latest social relationships

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome fingers crossed. You will find support and help here.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Thank you JGnat & whathappened.

JGnat:

Yes, thinking about that too, do not want to bring my kid to this world and into the cult. We had some intense argument after I found out what the JW cult is really about. We tried to discussed frankly about some issues and it made him really depressed, partly because he got into argument with his JW parents after that. I guess fear of being shunned could be the main factor.

Since then we stopped talking about that but I still asked some subtle questions and encouraging him in his pursuit for higher education. I'm getting as much ideas and ways as possible to subtly help him think. And as for myself, there are still many things that I don't quite understand about the doctrines and how it contradicts with the Bible etc. Learning & researching still... and praying!

Thank you very much for all the support here :)

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Hi everyone,

I too am new here. Born a jw never got baptized. My family and childhood friends are still in and very zealous. In my teens started having doubts, the whole truth thing made no sense to me. I'll give you guys examples

The creation story, Adam and eve

Noah and his ark

How bloodthirsty the isrealites god was and how starkly he contacted with the God in the Greek scriptures. A couple of weeks later I was mentioned during the local needs part of the series ice meeting. Not by name but we all know ew who the talk was about.

I majored in physical sciences in university and cannot understand the society's obsession with higher education. Forgetting that the technology and logistics employed in making and distributing literature, lawyers who defend them, latest developments in bloodless medicine research are all products of higher education. All that without even going into the constantly changing truth. Sorry for the long intro, but that's me in a nutshell. Glad to have found you guys.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey FingersCrossed!

I'd happily exchange emails (questions) with your friend. I would use their publications alone, and an innocuous yet powerfully liberating topic such as the full Good News. They claim to publish it, but are actually shockingly unaware of more than 97% of its content and scope.

PM me any time on how we could set it up, if you are interested and believe he is sincere, computer literate, and willing to delve into the Watchtower library, with a lay scholar who knows the library very well.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hello and Speargrass55!

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome speargrass55!

May you enjoy your stay on JWN and make many new friends (without getting into the odd scrape that erupts from time to time).

Would you like to start a new topic to introduce yourself?

Best wishes

Fernando

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Thnx Fernando and Retrovirus.

• whathappened
    whathappened

New posters are great. Anyone else out there lurking? Join the fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit