New Here

by FingersCrossed 27 Replies latest social relationships

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Hi

I've been browsing and reading threads here for a while. I am never a JW, I am in a relationship with an inactive one, who in fact is in the middle (not knowing what to believe anymore). I have read some of the threads here about stories of those who have experience with JWs and mostly ended up hurt but there also some who made it.

And some of the threads/info/works that you all have done here are really great!

I am a Christian myself. I have decided to stick by his side and help in whichever possibble ways to make him see the truth about the lies. I am not sure what the future holds for us and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Welcome aboard! Have they been on this website? Maybe direct them to jwfacts since they seem like they are at the right point for that website to hit home.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Hi Fingercrossed,

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, even an inactive JW might go back in. It happens. It would be good to get him to at least read Crisis Of Conscience, also Steven Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind control. They're pretty unbiased, so go through a JW's bullshit filter quite easily.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

THanks MrFreeze. You mean my boyfriend? I am not sure what website he had been too but he had definitely done some research and even talked to some "apostate" (sorry for using the terms) but in fact, those are the brave people to dare to leave..

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Thanks Oldlight, he did read CoC but half way through..

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

I join this website because I can see that whenever I need support or evidence etc, you guys will always help :)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah if your boyfriend has been doing research they probably looked at jwfacts. Still, might be good to direct them to it just incase.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome FingersCrossed . . .

You may have already picked up this . . . taking issue with WTS doctine is an area best avoided. JW's are trained as part of their indoctrination to counter other Christian beliefs. They also believe other faiths to be counterfeits inspired by Satan . . . so it can be a tough nut to crack. Those weeds need to go before anything else will grow.

My advice would be to take your time and gently find out what causes him to doubt the most. Then give yourself time to research and, using their own literature where possible, confirm that he has good reason for doubt. Even this is best accomplished by well thought out question(s) that you can leave him time to answer. Be patient and take your time . . . the penny will drop when he's ready and not a moment before.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum fc.

I'll disagree with nearly everyone here ...

Don't do his research for him.....he has to find out the truth for himslf.

Ask a question designed to make him do the research, then keep him honest and don't let him avoid answering without feeling guilty for it.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Hey-

Im new here too. All I have to say is educate yourself, and your b/f before any actions are taken. Look for hard proof, one of the reasons why its hard for people to leave is because your not allowed to look at any other material except for watchtower lit, your not able to think for yourself. Plus their history is very odd. People who have been witnesses their whole lives dont even know the real story. My husband told me the otherday that anything before rutherford (?) is obsolete. They pick and choose their own history, and then change it, and feed their new version to their flock. It is really one huge mind-f*ck. Everyone has their own right to choose, just know what your getting into first. Be prepared to give up your family, friends, career, dreams, hopes, life ect. Check out some "apostate" sites, or even wikipedia. Thats where I first my search. Gotta run husband just walk in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit