Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome FingersCrossed and Honeybucket!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi & welcome FingersCrossed & Honeybucket

glad to have you here

• carla
    carla

Welcome! I hope your jw is able to find his way out mentally as well as physically.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome FingersCrossed. It's good that you are here. You can educate yourself and in turn help your boyfriend. I wish you a very warm welcome and some good reading.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

FingersCrossed and HoneyBucket,welcome to JWN. FC, I agree about taking things slow and easy. JWs are taught to refute other religions and science. It's also hard to accept that all that you have believed all your life is a lie. It takes time to digest it all.As another poster suggesed, ask questions about the beliefs and this may help him see that some things are just not true, no matter how often they are repeated.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

Kojack

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome and yes, bring your boyfriend along for support, if he has doubts about the WTBS he will need some help

Loz x

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to you both.... Sounds like you are both helping mates find out the "truth " is a ruddy Lie

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Thank you for all your kind supports and comments. He is actually pursuing a higher education now and even take some theology papers. I don't know what that means but I am proud of him!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, I'm married to a JW. I knew when I was dating him what I was getting in to. I knew it was my own folly. I would not try and raise children with him. A few thoughts.

• Get one of Steve Hassan's books to get some insight in to the cultist mindset.
    • If you think you can simply get a cultist to "snap out of it" by presenting the plain truth, think again. I'm a pretty plain-speaking gal and I have not succeeded with my own husband for the past ten years.
    • Do you want to have children down the road? I suggest you seriously consider if you would raise a child in a religiously conflicted household.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit